Need help to Unroot EPIC 4G Touch FH13

neocromater

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, i am new to the community and i want to ask for some help, as a new android user i wanted to see what root was all about, and i did it following the tutorial from this video, but now i want to un-root my phone cuz since i rooted i have been constantly getting a annoying message telling me that shell has been denied root access that makes my phone slow and the new system update message that cant seem to get rid off. so can you guys help me with this matter.. i am obviously a noob and need detailed help with the matter..

i rooted my phone with the FH13 update!!

this is the video that i used to root my phone, i haven't done anything else to the phone. i have no Custom recovery or anything..

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Go to xda and find the Epic 4G Touch forums. There should be a sticky for a full restore ODIN one click.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

neocromater

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
can i go back to earlier releases or do i have to do the full restore with the firmware im actually on FH13? im obviously a noob and dont want to brick my phone

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
You can odin back to any build you'd like. I go back to EL29 all the time.

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Just curious did you root and then take an ota update?

You might have had a bad flash. You could just redo it. Or better yet install cwm and flash a decent rom.

If you change your mind, feel free to shoot me a pm and I'll walk you through the process or answer any questions.

central751

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
hello all
i have a epic4gtouch working on VM and want to root and install cwm and install cm9. My android version is 4.04 and baseband version is FH13. want to flash to cm9 to get mms working unless someone know how to fix this issure with current setup. thanks

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
hello all
i have a epic4gtouch working on VM and want to root and install cwm and install cm9. My android version is 4.04 and baseband version is FH13. want to flash to cm9 to get mms working unless someone know how to fix this issure with current setup. thanks

VM is Virgin? Have you tried an official build? (If you don't have one let me know and I can probably get ahold of one.)

central751

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
VM is Virgin? Have you tried an official build? (If you don't have one let me know and I can probably get ahold of one.)

the epic4touch is a sprint phone and i got it working on virgin. the epic4gtouch is only available on boost mobile not virgin mobile......want to get mms working so guess i have to root, install cwm and then flash cm9 rom.

Last edited:

central751

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Tried the link it didnt work . If i can get the rom can i udate the sprint phone without rooting or flashing cwm

Actually.... They're getting ready to put it on Virgin - build is out along with source.
http:/ /device.sprintpcs.com/Samsung/SPH-D710VMUB/latest
(Last build was FJ12)

I'll check and see if I can get one of the builds and post it.

central751

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Quote Originally Posted by garwynn View Post
Actually.... They're getting ready to put it on Virgin - build is out along with source.
http:/<br /> /device.sprintpcs.com/...710VMUB/latest
(Last build was FJ12)

Hello Garwynn
have u been able to get the virgin mobile rom for the samsung s2

Last edited:

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Quote Originally Posted by garwynn View Post
http:/<br /> /device.sprintpcs.com/...710VMUB/latest
(Last build was FJ12)

Hello Garwynn
have u been able to get the virgin mobile rom for the samsung s2

Checking with Team Sextape - they are saying sometime this week.
Stay tuned, I'll post the stock build as soon as they do...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc