- 9 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Unrooted to stock el29 battery
I was running a jb rom on the rooted ff18. Man did the battery suck! I unrooted to send the phone to sprint for hardware issues and i went to the old GB el29 stock kernal. I have noticed a HUGE improvment on battery life and my service. Anyone else? Also, when i root the phone again, would it be best to stick with el29 or is there a better kernal with better or just as good battery life and service? Inputs please
Sent from my SPH-D710 stock EL29
- 11-12-2012, 11:33 PM #2
Re: Unrooted to stock el29 battery
It is completely different for everybody. Experiment and see what works for you. The setup that gave you bad battery life is what gives me the best.
Every time you flash a new rom it flashes a new kernel with that rom. You started with rooted ff18 but once you flashed a rom there are no traces of ff18 left.
There are still one or two gb roms on xda but your options are limited.
The best battery life I've ever had has been on cm9. I've heard others say it's the worst.
By service I'm guessing you mean signal? A rom generally doesn't affect that. Try some different modems and find which is most reliable for you.
I'm currently running FI27 with agats 6.8 kernel and el29 modem which is pretty darn solid for me.
There is zero consistency with these phones so you can't really go off of what other people tell you, especially regarding battery life.
Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
- By trooper54 in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 492Last Post: 02-12-2016, 05:17 AM
- By mort3770 in forum Thunderbolt Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 7Last Post: 02-28-2012, 12:12 AM
- By flagcitysteelers in forum Optimus V Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 9Last Post: 12-03-2011, 12:38 AM
- By nadabomber in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 5Last Post: 08-19-2010, 12:55 PM
- By daving313 in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 9Last Post: 08-04-2010, 03:56 PM