Flashed Blu Kuban 1.0.5.2 ROM and phone wont boot....WHOLLY COW PLEASE HELP

nabril1569

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Hello
I will try to calm down as I type this, but I need my phone for work and life, and right now I dont have one.

I went from EL29 stock rooted to Blu Kuban 1.0.5.1. SInce I did not have CWM on my phone, I loaded EL26 kernel and CWM. After that flash, I had the yellow triangle, but it booted and worked ok. I had horrible battery life, so I factory reset data, wiped cache and delvik. In surfing the Blu Kuban thread, I noticed a newer version out (1.0.5.2), so I figured I would try it.

What I did:
Factory reset
Ran formatall.zip
wiped cache
wiped delvik
Flashed BK1.0.5.2.zip (not the upgrade). I thought I would start from full scratch.
The phone rebooted, and it stays on Samsung screen with yellow triangle.

What do I do? Wholly sh@#. I am about to cry.
I see the Blu kuban thread has an upgrade zip file. I realize now I should have run it instead.

Help please.

Thanks
----------------------------------------------------------------------
In my panic and awaiting an answer, I downloaded the FI27 rooted ODIN, flashed it,and I have a phone....phewwww!!!
Now, how do I get back to Blu Kuban? Do I have to reinstall CWM from auto root package, and then flash the 1.5.0.2 zip?

Last edited:

Surj138

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Everything you did seems okay, although maybe a little excessive with the extra wiping (format_all does all that already). I usually do the same, except with Mobile Odin.

You might have a bad download... Did you check the md5?

Trolling from my Cricket-flashed Galaxy S2 E4GT using Tapatalk 2

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Did you get the phone booted?

If you haven't and it still sits with the yellow triangle with Samsung Logo then you are Ok -- it's not hard bricked and you should be able to boot into download mode and use Odin to restore the ROM of your choice.

Boot into download mode (power off, power on+volume down) then use Odin to restore a ROM of your choice. Here is a link to restore the stock ICS build for our device: [ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-D710 FI27 (FI27 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Full Restore) - xda-developers

Please note that the thread includes individual pieces such as kernel, modem, etc. You want a full ROM restore, which can be found in the second post titled [OC] FI27 Full Stock ROM One-Click.exe.

There could be a chance that you may restore via Recovery if its still intact. But I'd suggest going the Odin route since its safer and you'll likely have few problems, if any, while restoring.

nabril1569

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Alright...Crisis resolved.
I odined to EL29 rooted, added CWM rogue recovery, ran format all.zip, and reflashed the same BK.zip file I used yesterday.
My phone works fine now.

Tomorrow is about giving thanks, but I will do so today to everyone that helped.........THANK YOU VERY MUCH

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Alright...Crisis resolved.
I odined to EL29 rooted, added CWM rogue recovery, ran format all.zip, and reflashed the same BK.zip file I used yesterday.
My phone works fine now.

Tomorrow is about giving thanks, but I will do so today to everyone that helped.........THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Glad you got it working. Remember, if you can at least get the phone to start up and show something chances are that it can be restored. If you are not already familiar with flashing ICS or AOSP ROMs I would suggest reading through this: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ep...rtant-read-regarding-emmc-brick-bug-e4gt.html

Most, if not all, new recoveries are "safe". But, I still play it safe and Odin (or Mobile Odin) back to el26 (same as el29 method) when flashing new ROMs, especially AOSP.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2