[LINK][ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-D710 FK23 (FK23 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Root/Stock)

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Credits
Thanks go to the following:
- sfhub for many hints on how to do this - I'm just trying to help fill in while he's away.
- sextape for FK23 leak
- rwilco12 for advice and hosting
- rainmotorsports, dev-host for hosting
- Forum Members for their support and hopefully feedback on these builds!
Make sure you give them any thanks for this build - they did far more than I on this! :highfive:

Here it is! Sorry for the delay! :victory:
[JB][ODIN][TAR]SPH-D710 FK23 (FK23 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Root/Stock)

For those of you following the leaks this is rumored to be the OTA, though a new test build was spotted for both ICS and JB after this.
The issues from FK09 are fixed but the new build suggests they may be having problems getting the data moved from FI27 to Jelly Bean.

Custom recoveries are also in the works but not available yet.
Once a solid one is available and if this goes OTA I'll probably make a repacked one click.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
If this is a rumored final build then they are getting close. Either way I'm thrilled that JB is hitting our device and we'll soon have it.

grantheppes

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Getting some awesome speeds with this here in NYC, and NYC is so congested that I was shocked to see this.
m99sZ.png

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious garwynn. What is different with these one-clicks that disables the ability to use a USB jig? Is it not possible to use the old bootloader with the JB system? It's not a big deal, as there really aren't any circumstances where you'd need to use Odin to flash a custom kernel anymore, making the flash counter a non-issue, but I've always felt better knowing I had a jig as a potential failsafe to force download mode.

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious garwynn. What is different with these one-clicks that disables the ability to use a USB jig? Is it not possible to use the old bootloader with the JB system? It's not a big deal, as there really aren't any circumstances where you'd need to use Odin to flash a custom kernel anymore, making the flash counter a non-issue, but I've always felt better knowing I had a jig as a potential failsafe to force download mode.

To be honest when I started a few months ago I was more concerned about getting regular and reliable repacks out. For those unfamiliar with the situation, sfhub was the man for this; when he left the scene rwilco12 started picking up the slack but was also busy. Been more than glad to help fill in those shoes but it's been a lot to learn and understand. All in all glad the opportunity was around that I could contribute a lot more when I used to ask so much before - just ask DrewWalton, for example :)

Now as we're getting to the end of ICS and quite possibly official builds for our phone I'm taking any time that I have to start understanding them more. Today alone has been good in that I found where the wipes occur in the full packages versus "NoData" ones... which is better than assuming. Also starting to get more familiar with the APKs where we found the GS3 wallpapers (you can find them here). I would like to go back and revisit the bootloader as well and probably will in the coming weeks. Also will probably do a repack that includes a recovery - likely Agat's as he's working on one now - instead of keeping the 2 step process.

Rwilco12 has the EG30 bootloader that was used before for this so I'll try to have a test repack out next week.

Will keep you guys updated as I can.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
FYI the primary reason sfhub didn't include a custom kernel in his one clicks was to avoid triggering the triangle and increasing the flash count. I don't think there's any way around it unfortunately.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
FYI the primary reason sfhub didn't include a custom kernel in his one clicks was to avoid triggering the triangle and increasing the flash count. I don't think there's any way around it unfortunately.

Doesn't look like it still. But he did make them for some popular builds and interest still seems high. Only problem will be that Triangle Away doesn't work on JB... yet. An alt method was sent to me but haven't tried yet.

Also jig update: mixed reports. Most can get to download mode, one even said counter reset. Rwilco12 has the EG30 bootloader available as a separate flashable package on his repository (mirror #1).

Azwizzard

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Any estimate on a rooted version of this?

Thanks for all your hard work!

Edit- never mind, and read the other thread, looks like there is already a rooted version available

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

defconix

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks to everyone involved on this.

2 questions:
Is this safe to flash from ICS, or should I revert to EL29, etc.?
Will this increase the binary counter?

Thanks again!

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to everyone involved on this.

2 questions:
Is this safe to flash from ICS, or should I revert to EL29, etc.?
Will this increase the binary counter?

Thanks again!

You can flash from ICS but I recommend using the full restore. It will not increase the flash counter unless you flash Agat's kernel repack (w/custom recovery)

- - - Updated - - -

Any glitches that are noticeable in everyday use? :p

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Nope. DD status for me.

Oleyeller

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Excellent battery life. I have been on it for about a day and a half and a 50% charge. Way better than ics. I couldn't believe how easy it was to root. Wtf didn't I do this earlier

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Azwizzard

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Excellent battery life. I have been on it for about a day and a half and a 50% charge. Way better than ics. I couldn't believe how easy it was to root. Wtf didn't I do this earlier

My standby time is great. With ICS I couldn't leave my phone unplugged over night or it would be below 40% when I woke up.

With the new JB ROM, my standby time is pretty good. I left it unplugged last night to try it and it only went down about 18%.

However... my battery DRAINS FAST when I am using anything (data, cell, etc.) On my way home 2 nights ago from work, I walked out of the door and my battery was at 92%.

Between walking out the door from work and walking in my front door at home it was approx 30 min. In that time I downloaded (1) 3 meg update via 3g (Had the screen OFF for most of the time for that) and I made about 8 text messages. When I walked in my front door my battery was at 78%. That is a 14% drop in 30 min with minimal use.

I have the "Screen Power Saving" mode ON, I have my Screen brightness set to very low and the only thing active was my 3G service (GPS, WiFi, etc all turned off)

Oleyeller

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I have found much the same with my experience as well. I still get around 9.5 our of it...

speedblurr

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Been running this for a little more than 3 days now. Standby time is almost as good as ICS, but WOW does this thing suck the life out of the battery if I even attempt to use the phone. Even tried reinstalling, taking out battery, etc. Hope it gets better before the "official" release. Contemplating going back to ICS now...... BTW, thanks for all the hard work from everyone on getting this to the masses!

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Been running this for a little more than 3 days now. Standby time is almost as good as ICS, but WOW does this thing suck the life out of the battery if I even attempt to use the phone. Even tried reinstalling, taking out battery, etc. Hope it gets better before the "official" release. Contemplating going back to ICS now...... BTW, thanks for all the hard work from everyone on getting this to the masses!

My battery life has been excellent. Here is today...
eredyquz.jpg

That's with 1 hour and 15 mins of screen on time. Did you flash the full wipe version or the no data wipe?

Battery issues are hard to diagnose as there are so many variables, but so far mine has been stellar on this ROM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol