Return to Sprint

colbyt94

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I have to return my phone to Sprint, because they are sending me another one due to overheating issues. I have rooted my phone and used [ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-D710 FI27 (FI27 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Root/Stock). I upgraded to fi27 ota and then used this one click to root. If I use the stock one click will that turn my phone back to normal without Sprint knowing. I'm fairly good at this kind of stuff hence this is the first question I have ever asked since owning my phone, but I have never had to return the phone before. Please let me know if this is the correct way.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
The only signs that would be left behind for Sprint/Samsung to know of you rooting your device was if you used the PC version of Odin to root your device which would of tripped the triangle counter (flash counter). This can be easily counted by using Triangle Away from the Play Store.

As far as returning to stock, you can return back to any of the official Epic 4G Touch OS/firmware versions. Just as long as its an official version it can be the newest or even an update or two behind. Some people have been known to deny updates forever and end up a year or two down the road with a device a few updates out of most current official OS.

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
If I may add one little note to Paul627g's remarks..

In that post should be a stock restore build that doesn't contain root.
That would be my recommendation.

BTW, Nice to see a mod in my neck of the woods! You guys got LTE on the South Side yet? :)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
If I may add one little note to Paul627g's remarks..

In that post should be a stock restore build that doesn't contain root.
That would be my recommendation.

BTW, Nice to see a mod in my neck of the woods! You guys got LTE on the South Side yet? :)

Yes I'm down in Plainfield area and we have decent LTE coverage down here. Now if they could only improve the 3g like they claimed would happen while they upgraded the towers for LTE.

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I'll take stable call handoffs even before 3G. There's two towers on the drive home that every day I have to wait until I get past the handoff point before I call anyone... lest the call be lost.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez