| || |
[COT][TOUCH]Project Open Cannibal Touch
[BOX=Information]See post #2 for info about COT NG Recovery[/BOX]
Project Open Cannibal presents...
Cannibal Open Touch NG Alpha for Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
About Cannibal Open Touch:
Cannibal Open Touch is the next generation of custom recoveries. Jam-packed with cool and useful features, it can handle just about anything you can throw at it.
1. Support for both Edify and Amend scripting (flash all ROMS!)
2. Theme support
3. Get out of recovery boot loops
4. Touch screen button controls!
5. Compatibility with Xionia nandroid backups (if on LG Optimus device)
6. GooManager support!
7. Internal e2fsprogs for size
8. Backported retouch binaries patch for ICS/JB compatibility
9. Advanced Backup
10. Delete old backups!
11. Persistent settings
12. User-defined backup locations!
13. ADB Sideload
14. Touchscreen calibration
Why the name Cannibal Open Touch?
Because we can. The name also embodies everything that Cannibal Open Touch is. It is no longer
just a variant of ClockworkMod Recovery, it is it's own recovery by itself. Combining features from
ClockworkMod 5, Team UtterChaos' Sony Xperia recovery, AmonRa 3.0.6, Xionia CWMA and a
bunch of our own special enhancements it is truly revolutionary.
What to do when an error occurs:
DO NOT simply say "xxxx doesn't work" as that is highly unhelpful and will probably be ignored. Instead, post the recovery log! To grab a log when an error occurs, simply open a terminal (or command prompt if on Windows), "cd" to an easily accessible directory and execute:
adb pull /tmp/recovery.log
Paste the log as an attachment (don't paste the text inside, as it can be very long), or paste it on pastebin.com.
If you are upgrading from a previous version of Cannibal Open Touch you must delete the settings.ini file located in the cotrecovery folder on your sdcard!
1. Follow these instructions for installing flash_image if you haven't already done so.
2. Make sure USB Debugging is ON and that you have ADB access
3. Download the Cannibal Open Touch image
4. Place the recovery image on your SD Card.
5. Fire up an ADB shell
6. Make sure you are in a root shell. If you are not, execute the "su" command now.
7. Execute "flash_image recovery /path/to/recovery.img" (replace /path/to/recovery.img with the ACTUAL path to the recovery image)
8. Reboot to recovery mode
Main Recovery Screenshots:
Main Gallery (external link)
Themes Gallery (external link)
Download Cannibal Open Touch NG:
By clicking the link below you agree that you are flashing this recovery image at your own risk. Neither myself, Project Open Cannibal, nor anyone but yourself are responsible for any problems that may occur before, during or after flashing this recovery image. You also agree that this recovery image is to be flashed ONLY on the LG Viper 4G LTE!
I agree (standard img)