• 1 Post By thenameisnigel
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,422 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default [B2G][KERNEL] Nigel meets the Fox

Project EpicB2G presents...
    Nigel Meets the Fox (Boot 2 Gecko Kernel)

About Boot 2 Gecko:
    Firefox OS (project name: Boot to Gecko also known as B2G) is an open sourceoperating system for smartphones and tablet computers being developed by Mozilla. It is an implementation of letting HTML5 applications integrate the device's hardware directlyby using JavaScript. It has been demonstrated on Android-compatible smartphones

What to do when an error occurs:
    DO NOT simply say "xxxx doesn't work" as that is highly unhelpful and will probably be ignored. Instead, post the recovery log! To grab a log when an error occurs, simply open a terminal (or command prompt if on Windows), "cd" to an easily accessible directory and execute:

Code: [Select]
    adb logcat
    Paste the log as an attachment (don't paste the text inside, as it can be very long), or paste it on .

WARNING!
    This is a BOOT 2 GECKO KERNEL. IT MAY WORK ON CM10, MAY NOT. PROCEED WITH CAUTION.

Flashing instructions:
    Mobile ODIN flashes boot.imgs. Use Mobile Odin.

Download Nigel meets Fox (kernel) :
    By clicking the link below you agree that you are flashing this kernel at your own risk. Neither myself, Project EpicB2G, nor anyone but yourself are responsible for any problems that may occur before, during or after flashing this kernel. You also agree that this kernel is to be flashed ONLY on the Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch!

Official OpenROM Developer
    Want to contribute to OpenROM? Click HERE.
    Want to view my personal GitHub? Click HERE.

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 9

Default Re: [B2G][KERNEL] Nigel meets the Fox

I see this is going no where... Xda thread is closed and no one commented on this thread... Are you sure you know what you're doing?
    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch running CyanogenMod 10
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    1,422 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by asd216 View Post
    I see this is going no where... Xda thread is closed and no one commented on this thread... Are you sure you know what you're doing?
    • It's been less than 24 hours, no one probably saw this thread or cared since it's Boot 2 Gecko not Android.
    • I honestly pay XDA no attention, they're not worth my time.
    • And lastly, I've ported Clockworkmod, Cannibal Open Touch, TWRP to various devices that I don't even own, and I'm running my own CyanogenMod 10 build on my phone. I know what I'm doing, but if you believe you can do better than me, go right on.
    • I may not be as talented as Chris41g or Shabbypenguin or PhantomPhreak, but everything build I do, I make sure it works before I release it. It may have minor problems, but I'll never brick anyone's phone.
    • As I said before, if you're better than me, then go right on and port Firefox OS. But the number of devs in this community is dying, and no one else was porting it. I built a Boot 2 Gecko kernel, the sources been on my for weeks, and everyone still doubts me. At least I'm attempting to build from source, and I haven't stole anyone's work so I feel that my stuff should be given a chance.

Official OpenROM Developer
    Want to contribute to OpenROM? Click HERE.
    Want to view my personal GitHub? Click HERE.
    Thanked by:
    burkett1974 likes this.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by thenameisnigel View Post
    • It's been less than 24 hours, no one probably saw this thread or cared since it's Boot 2 Gecko not Android.
    • I honestly pay XDA no attention, they're not worth my time.
    • And lastly, I've ported Clockworkmod, Cannibal Open Touch, TWRP to various devices that I don't even own, and I'm running my own CyanogenMod 10 build on my phone. I know what I'm doing, but if you believe you can do better than me, go right on.
    • I may not be as talented as Chris41g or Shabbypenguin or PhantomPhreak, but everything build I do, I make sure it works before I release it. It may have minor problems, but I'll never brick anyone's phone.
    • As I said before, if you're better than me, then go right on and port Firefox OS. But the number of devs in this community is dying, and no one else was porting it. I built a Boot 2 Gecko kernel, the sources been on my for weeks, and everyone still doubts me. At least I'm attempting to build from source, and I haven't stole anyone's work so I feel that my stuff should be given a chance.
    I still believe in you Nigel

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2