1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default unroot from jellybean?

Hey all im still pretty new with everything but i have rooted my phone with sbrissen aosp jb.

Well i wanted to know how would i unroot my phone back to stock?
    I know its a newbie question but i cant remember how to.

If you could point me in the direction i should go it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Default Re: unroot from jellybean?

You can flash ek02 one click and let ota bring you current
    Oh and while you're on ek02 you can reset USB and completely clear out everything

ROM
    Stock! (For now...)

Quote Originally Posted by Caribboy92 View Post
    Hey all im still pretty new with everything but i have rooted my phone with sbrissen aosp jb.

Well i wanted to know how would i unroot my phone back to stock?
    I know its a newbie question but i cant remember how to.

If you could point me in the direction i should go it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    It really depends on what stock version you want to go back to.
    If you're taking it back to Sprint, get the FI27 one click stock restore.
    If just wanting to see where stock is then may I recommend the FK23 or FL16 JB leaks.
    Reach me on Twitter || Google+/Hangouts || Forums: XDA-Developers || RootzWiki

If you like the AOSP efforts and want to help get new devices on board, donations really help.
    Please continue to thank and support those who bring these great things to our devices!

Global Posts
    1,424 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by dasesq View Post
    Oh and while you're on ek02 you can reset USB and completely clear out everything
    EK02? That's pretty old. If he wants Gingerbread, then he might as well go with EL29.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dasesq View Post
    EK02? That's pretty old. If he wants Gingerbread, then he might as well go with EL29.

Official OpenROM Developer
    Want to contribute to OpenROM? Click HERE.
    Want to view my personal GitHub? Click HERE.

Quote Originally Posted by thenameisnigel View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Not to take over the thread, but i have a question regarding updating my phone. I am still on ICS el29 rooted with odin and no clockwork recovery. What do i need to do to update my phone? And i really would like to know what Jb rom is good to have? Thanks for any help.

Rooted EVO LTE baby

Global Posts
    6,754 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by mann1975 View Post
    Not to take over the thread, but i have a question regarding updating my phone. I am still on ICS el29 rooted with odin and no clockwork recovery. What do i need to do to update my phone? And i really would like to know what Jb rom is good to have? Thanks for any help.

Rooted EVO LTE baby
    What build is your ICS on? Check in the about phone and see which one it is. El29 was Gingerbread, not ICS. So if you are on ICS, then chances are that the device may be updated with the latest official release.

If you are looking for JellyBean, then check XDA for the appropriate downloads to get you the unofficial update. Read through the installation process very careful so you don't brick your phone.

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    What build is your ICS on? Check in the about phone and see which one it is. El29 was Gingerbread, not ICS. So if you are on ICS, then chances are that the device may be updated with the latest official release.

If you are looking for JellyBean, then check XDA for the appropriate downloads to get you the unofficial update. Read through the installation process very careful so you don't brick your phone.
    Awww yes you are right, i am on gingerbread. With that being said is it wise to jump up to jb from gingerbread? Or should i do ics?

Rooted EVO LTE baby

Get a JB FL16 one click and load it up. I suggest the one click because you will need the modern as well. No sense in adding extra steps. Read carefully, JB re partisans and wipes internal memory on some of the roms. I would suggest a complete restore because the no-data versions have a few fc's every now and then and in my case by battery life is not as good. If you have a few questions, post back.
    Lean Mean Jelly Bean GB27 Touched By An S4
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

thanks for all the input