Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By srkmagnus
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Any way to get the JB Camera with Photosphere?

    Hi everyone! Sorry if this is a dumb/noob question but I'm completely new to rooting/hacking but I will be getting a replacement E4GT in the coming days and will be putting the leaked Jelly Bean update on it. From what I've read that update is still Samsung/Touchwiz and so it has Samsung's camera app rather than Google/Android's original camera app.

    Is there any way to get the original JB camera app on our phones and get it to have the Photosphere functionality?

    Thanks!
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Any way to get the JB Camera with Photosphere?

    Quote Originally Posted by youngjediboy View Post
    Hi everyone! Sorry if this is a dumb/noob question but I'm completely new to rooting/hacking but I will be getting a replacement E4GT in the coming days and will be putting the leaked Jelly Bean update on it. From what I've read that update is still Samsung/Touchwiz and so it has Samsung's camera app rather than Google/Android's original camera app.

    Is there any way to get the original JB camera app on our phones and get it to have the Photosphere functionality?

    Thanks!

    follow the direction
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Any way to get the JB Camera with Photosphere?

    To get the 4.2 JB photosphere camera, you will need to be on the AOSP JB. I don't think it will work with the leaked TW JB Rom.
    Lean Mean Jelly Bean GB27 Touched By An S4
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Any way to get the JB Camera with Photosphere?

    Thanks for the link. It looks like video doesn't work on it though... And as far as using other ROMs it seems like nothing is really 100% stable except for that leaked TW JB ROM so I will just stick with that for now and miss out.

    Looks like come the end of contract I will just go Nexus for the next phone!
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Any way to get the JB Camera with Photosphere?

    There are a few AOSP style roms like cm10 that will give you that nexus feel now. It is pretty stable, you also have codename android, paranoid android, and pacman. All of them are stable enough for a DD and will work with the 4.2 camera.

    I forgot to mention that you can have the reg. Camera at the same time and video works on that.
    Lean Mean Jelly Bean GB27 Touched By An S4
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Any way to get the JB Camera with Photosphere?

    Quote Originally Posted by byrdcfmma View Post
    There are a few AOSP style roms like cm10 that will give you that nexus feel now. It is pretty stable, you also have codename android, paranoid android, and pacman. All of them are stable enough for a DD and will work with the 4.2 camera.

    I forgot to mention that you can have the reg. Camera at the same time and video works on that.
    Yeah but from what I've been reading there always seems to be some kind of bug or something that could crash the phone or something... I'd rather wait for "stable stable" rather than just "pretty stable" and have something force close or mess up when I'm using it and really need it to be working.

    Thanks though! Maybe I'll change my tune when I try the leaked JB TW Rom and it feels lacking while I impatiently wait for my contract to end.
  7. #7  
    srkmagnus's Avatar

    Posts
    6,760 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,763 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

    Default Re: Any way to get the JB Camera with Photosphere?

    Quote Originally Posted by youngjediboy View Post
    Yeah but from what I've been reading there always seems to be some kind of bug or something that could crash the phone or something... I'd rather wait for "stable stable" rather than just "pretty stable" and have something force close or mess up when I'm using it and really need it to be working.

    Thanks though! Maybe I'll change my tune when I try the leaked JB TW Rom and it feels lacking while I impatiently wait for my contract to end.
    The CM10 builds are pretty stable now...you'll never get "stable stable" because it's not OEM software and often hacks need to be implemented to get things to work. You won't really know until you give the buid a try and see if it meets your daily use habits.
    cjones likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. Any way to get the stock ICS Camera and Calendar apps?
    By youngjediboy in forum Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-13-2012, 12:44 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-25-2011, 10:35 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-22-2011, 03:21 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-14-2010, 05:34 PM
  5. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-25-2010, 10:31 AM

Posting Permissions

B