Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock! (For now...)

Default [LINK][KERNEL][SOURCE][ICS]FL24 + Agat's tREC_v0.2.2

In case it wasn't passed on a new source drop occurred for the E4GT today. It's version FL24 - likely the last official ICS build.

I've posted an initial FL24 build with Agat's Recovery (with Agat's permission.)
    After speaking with Agat63 - and his blessing - we'll be taking over his main kernel efforts.
    He'll still be collaborating on the projects but this will hopefully give him more time towards the GS3.

As part of this I'm really trying to push the community kernel effort (OP on XDA) and get others involved.
    So we'll be posting Git Repos and updating the XDA Community Kernel thread as needed.
    Kernel Git Repo:
    https://github.com/garwynn/D710SPR_FL24_Kernel

Initramfs Repo (Updated 1/15/13):
    https://github.com/agat63/E4GT_Multiboot_initramfs

Link to Kernel, Changelog
    [KERNEL][SOURCE][ICS]FL24 + Agat's tREC_v0.2.2

(I'm linking so I only have to modify at one place, for those asking)

For Mods/Admin:
    Link to Agat's blessing on this is here. If you should need further information please let me know.

Please let us know by posting in this thread if there are any issues so we can work them out! Thanks!
    Reach me on Twitter || Google+/Hangouts || Forums: XDA-Developers || RootzWiki

If you like the AOSP efforts and want to help get new devices on board, donations really help.
    Please continue to thank and support those who bring these great things to our devices!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: [LINK][KERNEL][SOURCE][ICS]FL24 + Agat's tREC_v0.2.2

Quote Originally Posted by garwynn View Post
    In case it wasn't passed on a new source drop occurred for the E4GT today. It's version FL24 - likely the last official ICS build.

I've posted an initial FL24 build with Agat's Recovery (with Agat's permission.)
    After speaking with Agat63 - and his blessing - we'll be taking over his main kernel efforts.
    He'll still be collaborating on the projects but this will hopefully give him more time towards the GS3.

As part of this I'm really trying to push the community kernel effort (OP on XDA) and get others involved.
    So we'll be posting Git Repos and updating the XDA Community Kernel thread as needed.
    Kernel Git Repo:
    https://github.com/garwynn/D710SPR_FL24_Kernel

Initramfs Repo:
    https://github.com/agat63/E4GT_ICS_initramfs_optimized

Link to Kernel, Changelog
    [KERNEL][SOURCE][ICS]FL24 + Agat's tREC_v0.2.2

(I'm linking so I only have to modify at one place, for those asking)

For Mods/Admin:
    Link to Agat's blessing on this is here. If you should need further information please let me know.

Please let us know by posting in this thread if there are any issues so we can work them out! Thanks!
    Wait but FL16 is Jellybean, so why is FL24 ICS? Sprint needs to be consistent.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk HD

Official OpenROM Developer
    Want to contribute to OpenROM? Click HERE.
    Want to view my personal GitHub? Click HERE.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Stock! (For now...)

Quote Originally Posted by thenameisnigel View Post
    Wait but FL16 is Jellybean, so why is FL24 ICS? Sprint needs to be consistent.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk HD
    They are consistent - build numbers are dates. JB was supposed to be a 2 step OTA so this is probably step one with Exynos patched.

Update:
    Just an update, Agat spent a good amount of time merging his FI27 tweaks into this build.
    So everyone please give him a BIG thanks for this time!

He's also asked to change the repository used for initramfs so I have updated OP.
    Will be updating community kernel thread to reflect.
    New version to be released today after I can compile.

If you like the AOSP efforts and want to help get new devices on board, donations really help.
    Please continue to thank and support those who bring these great things to our devices!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    Stock! (For now...)

Updated to 0.4.0. Includes some governors now.