Screen freezes after rooting ICS via Odin

yojimboj

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

Another dumb noobie here, thought I'd try the ODIN one click method, preserving user data, without backing up first (I'm usually not this dumb, but I was distracted).

Got pass, saw the superuser icon in apps after the phone rebooted, but now the screen freezes with the first gesture I try, then reboots.

Bad cable? Try re-flashing? Am I totally sunk here? Thanks for any and all help!

yojimboj

Update: it's on a bootloop, initial research suggest app2SD my be the issue, and that I need to create a Linux partition to fix it -- anybody have instructions on this? Thanks!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Use Odin to reflash the package with user data -- sometimes preserving data causes problems. Hopefully you have a backup so you can re-install at a later time.

Also, which ROM were you installing via Odin?

yojimboj

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I used the stock ICS FI27 with, as you guessed it -- data preserved. Reflashing with the FI27 data wipe fixed the boot loop, but did not grant root! WIll try again after I've fully backed up everything and do it with no data preservation. Thanks for your help!

yojimboj

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
The path of the neophyte is truly paved with his/her own stupidity -- reflashed with FK23 full reset, no problems, now my phone's full of JB goodness, and I'm off to give thanks to the folks who put it all together!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante