1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock! (For now...)

Default [LINK][KERNEL][SOURCE] Virgin FL26 + Agat's tREC_v0.2.2

Well source dropped for Virgin Mobile's FL26 so here's the start of the kernel thread!

Source Repo:

Link to updates, changelog, etc:

I'm hoping that keeping these up to date will be easier. If we're lucky we can just change Sprint's kernel and then merge the changes onto this one.

Enjoy!
    Reach me on Twitter || Google+/Hangouts || Forums: XDA-Developers || RootzWiki

If you like the AOSP efforts and want to help get new devices on board, donations really help.
    Please continue to thank and support those who bring these great things to our devices!
    Thanked by:
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

ROM
    Stock! (For now...)

Default Re: [LINK][KERNEL][SOURCE] Virgin FL26 + Agat's tREC_v0.2.2

0.2.0 released. This is a patch to apply all changes from Sprint's FL24 v0.4.0 to Virgin.
    So long as there are no issues this should be a fairly easy process to keep all 3 on the same page.

If you like the AOSP efforts and want to help get new devices on board, donations really help.
    Please continue to thank and support those who bring these great things to our devices!
    Thanked by:

Hey,
    I have a Galaxy S3 w/ AT&T, so rooting my phone was no issue,
    HOWEVER, my girlfriend, who wants my help rooting her phone, has Virgin Mobile's Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch variant.
    She is currently fully stock and purchased her phone shortly after Christmas, it came with the FL26 version of ICS, but I haven't found anything around in terms of rooting or getting a custom recovery of her version of the phone.
    I'm not exactly sure how having the FL26 Kernel you are providing helps me, BUT, your post is the only one I've seen anywhere that even acknowledges anything about FL26. Would you know how to root the phone? I just want a rooted stock version of what she has. I definitely don't want to see a Sprint boot-screen since she has Virgin after getting root, but I don't mind if I end up getting a triangle.
    From what I know, clockworkmod custom recovery has ended bricking some of these devices, so root or not, I can't back up her stock rom to go back to in case her phone gets bricked somehow. This has left me in a pretty vulnerable position, and I'm not sure what I can do. Any info would be appreciated, and may help in my girlfriend removing my balls from the vice she has them in...

The phone details are as follows:
    Model Number: SPH-D710VMUB
    Android Version: 4.0.4
    Baseband Version: S:D710.10S.FL26
    Kernel Version:
    3.0.15-1135978
    se.infra@SEP-118#3
    SMP PREEMPT Wed Dec 26 13:48:32 KST 2012
    Build Number: IMM76I.FL26
    Hardware Version: D710.10
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    Stock! (For now...)

Quote Originally Posted by WandererTJ View Post
    Hey,
    I have a Galaxy S3 w/ AT&T, so rooting my phone was no issue,
    HOWEVER, my girlfriend, who wants my help rooting her phone, has Virgin Mobile's Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch variant.
    She is currently fully stock and purchased her phone shortly after Christmas, it came with the FL26 version of ICS, but I haven't found anything around in terms of rooting or getting a custom recovery of her version of the phone.
    I'm not exactly sure how having the FL26 Kernel you are providing helps me, BUT, your post is the only one I've seen anywhere that even acknowledges anything about FL26. Would you know how to root the phone? I just want a rooted stock version of what she has. I definitely don't want to see a Sprint boot-screen since she has Virgin after getting root, but I don't mind if I end up getting a triangle.
    From what I know, clockworkmod custom recovery has ended bricking some of these devices, so root or not, I can't back up her stock rom to go back to in case her phone gets bricked somehow. This has left me in a pretty vulnerable position, and I'm not sure what I can do. Any info would be appreciated, and may help in my girlfriend removing my balls from the vice she has them in...

The phone details are as follows:
    Model Number: SPH-D710VMUB
    Android Version: 4.0.4
    Baseband Version: S710.10S.FL26
    Kernel Version:
    3.0.15-1135978
    se.infra@SEP-118#3
    SMP PREEMPT Wed Dec 26 13:48:32 KST 2012
    Build Number: IMM76I.FL26
    Hardware Version: D710.10
    Hoping to have one click root pkgs in tge next week for this. Will post ways to root it with this kernel later today.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Thank You..... looking forward to the one-click root version. was thinking of re-installing the H-D710VMUB_FJ12_CL1135978_Rooted_Nodata....seeing as i allowed the fl26 ota to install... but will wait

I've had my FL26 build s2 for over a week now. (lovin' it) I can't wait to be able to root it with a one-click!