- 02-06-2013, 12:56 PM #2
Re: Neep Some Help
Here is some general information to help you understand a few thing. Take the time to read up a bit for future reference.
- Rooting - is it for me? Some Q&A | Android Central
For our device, ROMs can be found in the Hacking/Development forum if a developer has started a thread and has included downloads to their ROM -- there's not too much activity here for ROM support on our device. You'll also need to familiarize yourself with XDA-Developers. XDA is where the developers are and most of the support for custom ROMs, Development, etc. is for Android. I don't want to link to XDA, so make your way to the forums there and search for the Epic 4g Touch. Instructions to install custom ROMs are generally explained for each custom ROM thread. But you'll want to review this thread, IMPORTANT! READ THIS - Regarding the EMMC Brick Bug on the E4GT put together by Jaywill to understand how to properly flash a ROM on the Epic4GTouch without bricking the phone. Note that you can only install a ROM made specifically for the E4GT.
I hope I answered some of your questions. If you have anymore feel free to post -- welcome to AndroidCentral!
- By chrisdazzo in forum Wallpapers, Ringtones, and ThemesReplies: 4Last Post: 02-08-2010, 05:48 PM
- By AAFD in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 5Last Post: 01-10-2010, 09:12 PM
- By jbg21 in forum HTC Droid ErisReplies: 0Last Post: 01-03-2010, 08:40 PM
- By medroid in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 8Last Post: 12-07-2009, 02:01 AM
- By wolfhound89 in forum HTC HeroReplies: 10Last Post: 11-21-2009, 06:04 PM