Can somebody please help me out?

zeldalink14

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Just got the Virgin Mobile Samsung Galaxy SII (Upgrade from Optimus V) and I have it rooted already but I am wanting to install a custom ROM. I have done MASSIVE amounts of research and am totally lost. The specs are as follows:
Model: SPH-D710VMUB
Baseband: SD710.10 S.FJ12
Kernel version 3.0.15-1135978

Now I am very familiar with rooting and flashing ROMS on Android devices, but I cant seem to get this to work at all. I tried CWM and a few different ROMS like the Pacman and a few others but I ALWAYS get a code 7 error on all of them. Can someone please help me out?

Arkimedes

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I'd probably follow one of the videos for your particular type of phone. This forum is for the Sprint Epic 4G Touch only. Not sure, but I would think if you installed a ROM not built particularly with your phone, it wouldn't work correctly. I do however see the part number is mostly the same as the Sprint version.

When you installed the root, did you Odin? Basically it sounds like you need to Odin back to a stable recovery (such as EL26). Once you do that, you'll reboot into CWM and then be able to wipe data, cache and dalvik cache. Once you do this, you should be able to install the ROM.

Is it giving you the code 7 error while you are trying to flash or when you are rebooting?

zeldalink14

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the response, I did use Odin. Now I keep getting an update message to update to FL26, I am currently on FJ12, so should I install the update, Odin the EL26 stable recovery, and then wipe all the data ect, and flash the ROM then?

It's is giving me the code 7 error when I try to flash the ROM. I didnt wipe anything except for my cache and dalvik cache should I wipe data as well?

Arkimedes

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
When you use Odin, it should only be to flash the EL26 recovery. Not sure if you are flashing in another ROM with Odin. Once you flash in EL26 recovery, you should boot the phone into CWM (should be version 5.x I think). From there, wipe Data, Cache, and Dalvik Cache (from Advanced menu). After that you can Install from SDCard. Install the new ROM and Gapps.

Going to a completely new ROM, you should wipe Data as well. If you are updating to a newer version of the ROM you are currently on, most cases you don't have to wipe data.

zeldalink14

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Thank you so much for you help. I was flashing the STOCK ROM with root on it and figured out that I was doing it wrong. I did it your way and it works great no! I've been running the Pacman ROM for a few days and really enjoy it. So thank you so much for your help.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae