Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Lightbulb New S2 user with quiestions

I just recently transferred from a OV to the S2. After reading several of the posts here and on other sites I've got a few questions. Although not new to rooting or loading up custom roms it seems doing so on the S2 is very particular for each model, carrier ect. I just hope i can get the answers I'm looking for here and receive the same outstanding support I found in the OV community.

Here are my questions.

1. The least complcated way to root the S2? Mine has build number IMM76I-FL26

2. Is there a list of compatible roms for the VM version of the S2? I have read that some Sprint roms flashed onto VM versions makes the mms not work, and thats something i cant live without.. I send 9k texts a month and use about 45-50 minutes so you can see why i need it. Was looking for something along the lines of AOKP, but if not that a CM9-10 derivitive would also work.

3. I have a few programs still on my sd card the wern't OV specific, and was wondering if anyone has tried to flash them? They are Anphetamines2, Dataspeedboost_signed, and AwesomeBEATSv3.

4. Are there other custom recoveries for the S2 like on the OV? I got used to using COT and was hoping for something similar on the S2.

Thanks in advance for your time and hopfully insightful answers

Default Re: New S2 user with quiestions

i can try to help. i do know that it is the model # that is the key in rooting. i found the rom on xda it was pritty straight forword, a few downloads , drivers odin and the rom and then you hold down the volume down button and the power button untill you get a warning screen..... you will have to spell out what VM means and i have no ishew ??? with mm i text, not as much as you however i rooted a month or two ago and no problem thats all i got so far ???
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Hello again. I finally got my phone rooted and installed CM10.1 installed on my phone. Instead of flashing like on the Optimus V like I was used to I had to use the 1click method. All in all I'm very impressed with the phone so far, including the speed of everything.

I did to try flashing the data speed optimizer I had but it failed to install, even if I tried to bypass signature verification.

I have noticed that most of the ROMs I have seen aren't really updated on regular basis, but still looking for more to try out. I wont bother to ask which one is best because I like to try out new things on my own and find one that meets my needs.

I plan later today to try the triangle away and maybe the beats audio add on. Would maybe like a short list of other apps I might try from other users.

Thanks again

Sent from my finally rooted SPH-D710 Virgin Mobile phone.

Hello, I have a favour to ask. I just got my VM S2, also upgraded from the OP V and have been looking for the easiest method of root. Could you post up links to directions or point me to the 1click. Thanks!