New S2 user with quiestions

vm_760

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I just recently transferred from a OV to the S2. After reading several of the posts here and on other sites I've got a few questions. Although not new to rooting or loading up custom roms it seems doing so on the S2 is very particular for each model, carrier ect. I just hope i can get the answers I'm looking for here and receive the same outstanding support I found in the OV community.

Here are my questions.

1. The least complcated way to root the S2? Mine has build number IMM76I-FL26

2. Is there a list of compatible roms for the VM version of the S2? I have read that some Sprint roms flashed onto VM versions makes the mms not work, and thats something i cant live without.. I send 9k texts a month and use about 45-50 minutes so you can see why i need it. Was looking for something along the lines of AOKP, but if not that a CM9-10 derivitive would also work.

3. I have a few programs still on my sd card the wern't OV specific, and was wondering if anyone has tried to flash them? They are Anphetamines2, Dataspeedboost_signed, and AwesomeBEATSv3.

4. Are there other custom recoveries for the S2 like on the OV? I got used to using COT and was hoping for something similar on the S2.

Thanks in advance for your time and hopfully insightful answers:D

Bjorn Zubrycki

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
i can try to help. i do know that it is the model # that is the key in rooting. i found the rom on xda it was pritty straight forword, a few downloads , drivers odin and the rom and then you hold down the volume down button and the power button untill you get a warning screen..... you will have to spell out what VM means and i have no ishew ??? with mm i text, not as much as you however i rooted a month or two ago and no problem :) thats all i got so far ???

vm_760

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Hello again. I finally got my phone rooted and installed CM10.1 installed on my phone. Instead of flashing like on the Optimus V like I was used to I had to use the 1click method. All in all I'm very impressed with the phone so far, including the speed of everything.

I did to try flashing the data speed optimizer I had but it failed to install, even if I tried to bypass signature verification.

I have noticed that most of the rom's I have seen aren't really updated on regular basis, but still looking for more to try out. I wont bother to ask which one is best because I like to try out new things on my own and find one that meets my needs.

I plan later today to try the triangle away and maybe the beats audio add on. Would maybe like a short list of other apps I might try from other users.

Thanks again

Sent from my finally rooted SPH-D710 Virgin Mobile phone.

undogooder

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I have a favour to ask. I just got my VM S2, also upgraded from the OP V and have been looking for the easiest method of root. Could you post up links to directions or point me to the 1click. Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke