Bit of an issue

Norton48

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Ok, So I have attempted to install Jelly Bean on my phone via CyanogenMod 10.1. I somehow managed to flash the Direct-boot CWM5 kernal v5.0.2.7 before I had the CM10 Zip file on the phone. So now I am at a loss as what to do since I cannot figure out how to add files to the phone in Custom Recovery mode. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok, So I have attempted to install Jelly Bean on my phone via CyanogenMod 10.1. I somehow managed to flash the Direct-boot CWM5 kernal v5.0.2.7 before I had the CM10 Zip file on the phone. So now I am at a loss as what to do since I cannot figure out how to add files to the phone in Custom Recovery mode. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
you cant just boot the phone regular, put the file, then reflash cwm and try again?

Norton48

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I am new to this so forgive me if I am missing something. But when I just turn the phone on it goes straight to recovery mode. I assume this is because it is direct boot cwm5. So how would I go about booting the phone normally?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I am new to this so forgive me if I am missing something. But when I just turn the phone on it goes straight to recovery mode. I assume this is because it is direct boot cwm5. So how would I go about booting the phone normally?
Do not know i have never used direct boot cwm. Why dont you remove your SDcard from your device, use a card reader and put the file onto the card then reinsert it into your device.

Norton48

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Well as of now I don't have an sd card for my phone. I suppose I can go and pick one up tomorrow and try that. If anybody else has some ideas please let me know! I'd rather to try and get this working tonight if at all possible.

kcevans63

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
You will have to flash a ROM via PC Odin in to your device and start over. Go to Rwilco12.com and select a one-click ROM file, download to your PC, flash to your device. Make sure ROM is for your specific device (I'm assuming E4GT). Read the tutorial on the site regarding flashing one clicks. Then if CM10 is your desire, you can flash that afterwards. Make sure you have all the files you need (ROM, kernel, gapps, etc) prior to the process.
Btw... I would recommend flashing a JB ROM fom the site. It will be a stock TW, but you have the choice of rooted (it will root device) or non rooted. Good luck, and at least its very fixable.
Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Well as of now I don't have an sd card for my phone. I suppose I can go and pick one up tomorrow and try that. If anybody else has some ideas please let me know! I'd rather to try and get this working tonight if at all possible.

you could sideload the file if that version of cwm has sideload option. or you could flash stock recovery with odin.... or you can do as kcevans63 suggested but flashing a one-click rom may wipe the data on your phone.

Norton48

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I did as kcevans63 suggested and flashed the fl24 one click rom. But now it is just stuck on the samsung galaxy s 2 boot screen. Any ideas?

Norton48

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Issue resolved! After I was stuck on the boot screen I flashed SPH-D710_FL24_CL1173404_REV2_Rooted_Restore.exe file and was able to get the zip files on my phone and install cm10. Thank you guys for all your help!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Issue resolved! After I was stuck on the boot screen I flashed SPH-D710_FL24_CL1173404_REV2_Rooted_Restore.exe file and was able to get the zip files on my phone and install cm10. Thank you guys for all your help!

Congrats, yeah you probably flashed the keep data file the first time and you needed to have it wiped .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2