Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

Global Posts
    1,424 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: [WIP]UbuntuPhone Alpha for Sprint Galaxy S II

Quote Originally Posted by asd216 View Post
    I don't think he's working on it at all. Mods should remove this thread.
    Honestly, do you even know how hard it is to port another OS? Especially since I'm still learning about ROM-ing. Maybe if we had sbrissen or chris41g working on this too, then it might be done faster but until then I'm working on it.

Plus since it says WIP in the title, most mods won't close it so...

Official OpenROM Developer
    Want to contribute to OpenROM? Click HERE.
    Want to view my personal GitHub? Click HERE.
    Thanked by:
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

Global Posts
    1,424 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by jhomy96 View Post
    False hope

It's been up for more than a month now, but as he said, I'm not working on it at all (sarcasm).

Quote Originally Posted by thenameisnigel View Post

It's been up for more than a month now, but as he said, I'm not working on it at all (sarcasm).
    Whoooo 2 pages now!!! Now I have hope again

Wait so the rom is up ?
    Like ready to use ?

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 9

I said I wasn't a developer. But you haven't posted anything to be a WIP. You just bounced on the community with no type of status update. Why even have a thread if there's nothing to try?

Post the thread when the ROM is ready to be tested.
    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch running CyanogenMod 10
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

Global Posts
    1,424 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I said I wasn't a developer. But you haven't posted anything to be a WIP. You just bounced on the community with no type of status update. Why even have a thread if there's nothing to try?

Post the thread when the ROM is ready to be tested.
    I actually posted it so the other devs could help, but since no one offered, I posted what I did to GitHub in hopes that someone more skilled than me could finish it.
    Also, WIP means Work-In-Progress which means I'm working on it. Honestly, if you really want something to get done more faster, then you should ask another dev to help for me.

This is AC not XDA. If a moderator wants to close the thread, I won't complain. But I posted my modified GNU kernel sources as well as the device tree, so I'm not breaking any AndroidCentral rules.

Good Day sir.

I actually posted it so the other devs could help, but since no one offered, I posted what I did to GitHub in hopes that someone more skilled than me could finish it.
    Also, WIP means Work-In-Progress which means I'm working on it. Honestly, if you really want something to get done more faster, then you should ask another dev to help for me.

This is AC not XDA. If a moderator wants to close the thread, I won't complain. But I posted my modified GNU kernel sources as well as the device tree, so I'm not breaking any AndroidCentral rules.

Good Day sir.
    Just curious on a percentage how much are you close to done for the first release?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  

Global Posts
    1,424 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Exclamation Re: [WIP]UbuntuPhone Alpha for Sprint Galaxy S II

I just need to compile it all, so I'd say 90%

I just need to compile it all, so I'd say 90%
    Just asking. But how much longer do you think it will take?

Global Posts
    2,201 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Good lord!!
    Some of you (pretty much everyone to this point) are being little snots to thenameisnigel! Did any of you donate money to him? Did any of you offer technical help? No??? Then sit on your hands till it's ready and [removed by moderator]
    Nobody has to make any ROM or do any work for the et4g or anyone in the community. They do it because they are interested, like a challenge and love to learn. But I'm pretty sure they don't appreciate pushy, annoying posts when they are working some issues out.

I suggest you guys (and you know who you are) change your tune and apologize to thenameisnigel. Try giving this guy some positive encouragement instead.

Good work thenameisnigel, I appreciate your efforts and it will surely be interesting to see your work as it progresses.
    Last edited by Paul627g; 04-04-2013 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Please watch the language/abbreviations.
    Thanked by 2:
    MPurg3 likes this.

Well said...

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 9

I'm not apologizing for anything because well frankly, I can do whatever I want. So stop trying to be an Internet hero and stfu.

He never follows through with any ROM, not my fault in the only one that noticed it. Don't make w thread until it's ready for some kind of testing or use.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  

Global Posts
    1,424 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I'm not apologizing for anything because well frankly, I can do whatever I want. So stop trying to be an Internet hero and stfu.

He never follows through with any ROM, not my fault in the only one that noticed it. Don't make w thread until it's ready for some kind of testing or use.
    Actually, I have done two or three roms. The ICS version of PandaROM, while still buggy was available and still is on my Dropbox, as well as the Jellybean 4.1.2 version. I've done a kernel for B2G for the Epic 4G Touch, but I never said anything about doing a rom, just the kernel. I'm a device maintainer for Project Open Cannibal's COT Recovery. I actually got development started for the LG Viper 4G LTE, even though the community there is fading slowly. I spend some time on CyanogenMod's gerrit instance code reviewing. I run a webhosting business that's not even my main job. And that's all while working from 9-5 every weekday. As I stated before, if you want something done faster, build it yourself.

I'm not going to spend my time writing responses to your post, instead I'll just report you for flaming/trolling.

Edit: Here's a link of the Jellybean ROM I did, that was posted on Dropbox.

Have a great day!
    Last edited by thenameisnigel; 04-04-2013 at 12:49 PM.

jhomy96 likes this.

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 9

If you call stating my opinion flaming and trolling then by all means, report me.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #40  

Global Posts
    1,424 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

If you call stating my opinion flaming and trolling then by all means, report me.

It is. If you don't have anything to contribute to the development of this ROM, I don't need you posting here. All that does is gets important posts lost in a clutter of flame posts. But I will do just that.

anmghstnet and jhomy96 like this.

I'm not apologizing for anything because well frankly, I can do whatever I want.
    To answer this statement. No you can't. This isn't a public forum with guest posting ability, you have to register to post which also means you agree to our TOS and follow those rules/guidelines.

So stop trying to be an Internet hero and [removed by moderator].
    I find nothing wrong with someone who is supporting any developer, regardless of a well known or inspiring up and coming developer. These are the people that give us the option to enjoy our devices outside of the boundaries that the OEM's set.

He never follows through with any ROM, not my fault in the only one that noticed it.
    thenameisnigel has been around for quite some time. Maybe not here on the E4GT platform but he has been on other platforms and has always been a huge supporter & involved some way in development.

Don't make w thread until it's ready for some kind of testing or use.
    [WIP] which is in his thread title means exactly as he said. Work in Progress. So that is informative enough saying it works but not at 100% so he is signaling that he's looking for testers and help or support from others. Also, as mentioned he has provided the necessary links to his GitHub and is making all his steps perfectly clear and not attempting to take credit or steal anything from anyone.

Now I'm not trying to be a jerk here but the comments you made do entice trolling & flaming in a thread. Its very simple, no one is obligated to respond or comment. If this is a thread or project your not interested and don't have something productive to say then please move along and let those interested participate & enjoy.

Thank you.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

You sir... that was beautiful....

Haven't seen a post In a long time. Soooo I just say good job man. We all know you can do it !
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #44  

Global Posts
    1,424 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I'm throwing in the towel here. It keeps erroring out while building the kernel.

If sbrissen or chris41g drops by, can someone ask them to contact me on G+?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12