[LINKS][KERNEL][RECOVERY][SOURCE][JB] E4GT JB Kernels + Agat's Recovery

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Well, since they all rolled out at the same time I can do this in one post.
We now have threads and releases of source-built kernels including Agat's recovery for Jelly Bean!

Here are the carrier specific thread links:

Sprint (GB27):
[KERNEL][JB][SOURCE][SPR] GB27 + Agat's tRec (SXTP Developers)

Virgin (GB28):
[KERNEL][JB][SOURCE][VMUB] GB28 + Agat's tRec (SXTP Developers)

Boost (GC01):
[KERNEL][JB][SOURCE][BST] GC01 + Agat's tRec (SXTP Developers)

Now all 3 source-wise are nearly identical.
So here is how we will tackle doing all 3 and keeping them on the same pace:

1) Resolve issues reported on Sprint.
2) Compile and verify fix on Sprint release
3) Get diff and apply diff from last update as a patch to Virgin and Boost.
4) Rebuild Virgin/Boost and post after any issues resolved.

At time of OP only initial releases are up.
Please test them as much as possible and note any issues so they can be looked at.
Thank you!

MonstaDriva

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi , I'm rooted with gb27 but with no recovery installed . I have searched for adding recovery to this device . I just want to be able to back up my phone , a nandroid but most of the xda post are over my head . The post I read seem for one super brain to another so that I'm totally confused . Maybe someone in the know can help me . Here is what I want to accomplish . My phone runs great on this rooted gb27 . I have carefully removed bloat that I didn't want over the last month . I installed rom manager to do a nandroid and discover theres no cwm installed and apparently cwm doesn't support this phone . I have now read some and found my way here . When I follow this link in this thread for the sprint sph-d710 theres lot of stuff there but I don't know which file to get . Can anyone simplify and help me on what I need to do to just get a custom recovery on my phone so I can do a nandroid . Please understand I will not be installing any custom ROMs , I will not be tinkering with the phone very much anymore . I just want the peace of mind that if my phone messes up I can restore it in its present state . I found a youtube video with qbking showing how to do it and that was great except the files he linked for odin and the tar file is dead . Is there a later newer method now ? is there a cwm for gb27 ? I am open to any help or suggestions but i'm pretty new at this so please explain . A final note is I don't mind if I need to start over with gb27 with a new flash . I can reload my apps remove bloat again and do it all again so whatever is the cleanest freshest easiest for a noob method is fine with me . I just want to save a nadroid backup in case I should make a mistake . I've never used mobile odin before but willing to give it a go . I rooted this phone using qbkings one click using the pc awhile back and just assumed it included cwm which was a wrong assumption .Thanks very much .

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi , I'm rooted with gb27 but with no recovery installed . I have searched for adding recovery to this device . I just want to be able to back up my phone , a nandroid but most of the xda post are over my head . The post I read seem for one super brain to another so that I'm totally confused . Maybe someone in the know can help me . Here is what I want to accomplish . My phone runs great on this rooted gb27 . I have carefully removed bloat that I didn't want over the last month . I installed rom manager to do a nandroid and discover theres no cwm installed and apparently cwm doesn't support this phone . I have now read some and found my way here . When I follow this link in this thread for the sprint sph-d710 theres lot of stuff there but I don't know which file to get . Can anyone simplify and help me on what I need to do to just get a custom recovery on my phone so I can do a nandroid . Please understand I will not be installing any custom ROMs , I will not be tinkering with the phone very much anymore . I just want the peace of mind that if my phone messes up I can restore it in its present state . I found a youtube video with qbking showing how to do it and that was great except the files he linked for odin and the tar file is dead . Is there a later newer method now ? is there a cwm for gb27 ? I am open to any help or suggestions but i'm pretty new at this so please explain . A final note is I don't mind if I need to start over with gb27 with a new flash . I can reload my apps remove bloat again and do it all again so whatever is the cleanest freshest easiest for a noob method is fine with me . I just want to save a nadroid backup in case I should make a mistake . I've never used mobile odin before but willing to give it a go . I rooted this phone using qbkings one click using the pc awhile back and just assumed it included cwm which was a wrong assumption .Thanks very much .

Go here: [Official] One Stop FAQ Thread - Noob Friendly (All questions go here) - xda-developers
Post #2, shaded box. Use ODIN to flash.

MonstaDriva

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply . That info seems a bit old . If I'm reading right that's from last year when you had to flash gingerbread on then cwm . I was under the impression there were newer methods to get your rooted jellybean 4.2.1 with cwm or agat already included . Like at the top of this page for example , isn't that suppose to be gb27 with a recovery built in ? I'm sorry to keep asking . I had read some and thought after gb27 came out there were newer ways to get custom recovery without going back to gingerbread . ??

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply . That info seems a bit old . If I'm reading right that's from last year when you had to flash gingerbread on then cwm . I was under the impression there were newer methods to get your rooted jellybean 4.2.1 with cwm or agat already included . Like at the top of this page for example , isn't that suppose to be gb27 with a recovery built in ? I'm sorry to keep asking . I had read some and thought after gb27 came out there were newer ways to get custom recovery without going back to gingerbread . ??

You can try rwilco12 .com. He has several ROMs for Samsung Sprint devices.
Yes this thread is a year old, but the d710 is about 2.5 years old.

Sent from a Slim 4.3 S3

MonstaDriva

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Lol , the problem is I am not sure which file I'm looking for . This thread is 5 months old but when I follow his link I'm not sure which files to get . I've never flashed a kernel and I don't know the procedure for it . If you look at my original post i'm just wanting a recovery to be able to back up my phone . Not install other custom ROMs . Maybe I'm even asking in the wrong thread or for the wrong thing . To simplify I just want to get cwm , agat or something on my rooted stock gb27 sph-d710 so I can do a regular nandroid backup . No custom roms needed . Just looking for the simplest way to do this . theres a ton of files on that repo link . I'm not wanting to flash radios, modems and stuff as that's way over my head .

I first found this video by qbking77 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W-1FPfgclM&list=UUbR6jJpva9VIIAHTse4C3hw and it was described as " Published on Apr 2, 2013 This video will show you how to install AGAT recovery on the Sprint Samsung Epic 4G Touch running Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean GB27 " but the links he includes are now dead as I think there must have been some changes made and that's how I wound up here looking for the new files to do this . If anyone can shed some light on this it would be most appreciated ! thanks

You can try rwilco12 .com. He has several ROMs for Samsung Sprint devices.
Yes this thread is a year old, but the d710 is about 2.5 years old.

Sent from a Slim 4.3 S3

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Lol , the problem is I am not sure which file I'm looking for . This thread is 5 months old but when I follow his link I'm not sure which files to get . I've never flashed a kernel and I don't know the procedure for it . If you look at my original post i'm just wanting a recovery to be able to back up my phone . Not install other custom ROMs . Maybe I'm even asking in the wrong thread or for the wrong thing . To simplify I just want to get cwm , agat or something on my rooted stock gb27 sph-d710 so I can do a regular nandroid backup . No custom roms needed . Just looking for the simplest way to do this . theres a ton of files on that repo link . I'm not wanting to flash radios, modems and stuff as that's way over my head .

I first found this video by qbking77 Install a Custom Recovery on Samsung Epic 4G Touch GB27 - YouTube and it was described as " Published on Apr 2, 2013 This video will show you how to install AGAT recovery on the Sprint Samsung Epic 4G Touch running Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean GB27 " but the links he includes are now dead as I think there must have been some changes made and that's how I wound up here looking for the new files to do this . If anyone can shed some light on this it would be most appreciated ! thanks

Here you go: [KERNEL][JB][SOURCE][SPR] GB27 + Agat's Recovery

MonstaDriva

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
thanks , now I just get the same mobile odin 3.65 he used or should I get the newest version ? I'm not sure if specific versions are required . I see there is a version 3.76 out now . I'm getting there and appreciate your responses .

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

MonstaDriva

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I appreciate your help but that appears to be a little older and more of a beta type version with known issues he mentions than the one in the video . I've pestered you to much already so I'm just going to forget it for now . If I could have found the file qbking used I was set to try it . If you notice the links at the very top of this post they take you to the page but the links don't work for me . Again , thanks for replying and trying !

MonstaDriva

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Ok there are two , which one would be best for a noobie ?
AGAT_GB27_repack.tar
or
AGAT_GB27_repack1.tar ? and which odin you recommend ? I can do pc and have a few times with one clicks but never used mobile odin although it might be best if I got broke in on using it . if so what version number you recommend ?

Flash it with Mobile ODIN or PC ODIN.

This repack has newest recovery tRec_v0.3.5 that has been compiled with CM10.1.
It has been tested with source build GB27 kernel. Everything has been tested many times.
I worked on this recovery with Garwynn and his help was huge. He did most of the testing and also last
mods and edits to recovery source to make it work.
Hopefully it will take care of all other known problems as well.
My wife doesn't have many paid apps but those she has are present after few reboots.
Here is the link:
AGAT_GB27_repack1.tar

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok there are two , which one would be best for a noobie ?
AGAT_GB27_repack.tar
or
AGAT_GB27_repack1.tar ? and which odin you recommend ? I can do pc and have a few times with one clicks but never used mobile odin although it might be best if I got broke in on using it . if so what version number you recommend ?

Flash it with Mobile ODIN or PC ODIN.

This repack has newest recovery tRec_v0.3.5 that has been compiled with CM10.1.
It has been tested with source build GB27 kernel. Everything has been tested many times.
I worked on this recovery with Garwynn and his help was huge. He did most of the testing and also last
mods and edits to recovery source to make it work.
Hopefully it will take care of all other known problems as well.
My wife doesn't have many paid apps but those she has are present after few reboots.
Here is the link:
AGAT_GB27_repack1.tar

I did repack.tar. I would suggest PC Odin. I have heard of too many horror stories about mobile Odin.

Get latest version...3.07.
Open odin, download mode, connect, and put .tar file in PDA box. Click start. 5 minutes at most.

Sent from a Slim 4.3 S3

BIGAZZDAVE

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
so how do I go about installing the bst kernel and etc....I installed the cm10.1 but didn't relize it was the sprint version....if im not making since pleace excuse my noobnest lol... but now im wanting to redo the flash I did lastnight....everything works fine but it says sprint and I cant do boost updates of prl and etc...thanx for any help

jklapp

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
All the link go to a board that says "Sorry, the board is unavailable at the moment while we are evaluating the future of SXTP-Developers"
Does anyone have the GC01 for Boost Mobile? Thanks :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12