Need Tethering while camping

saycoda

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Please find attached a screen-shot of my "new" S2. I's like to get free tethering, what's the best way with this phone;
1) an App off the Plat store?
2) rooting?
3) rooting and custom ROM?

I've rooted before with my Galaxy S EPIC, don't know much about this phone.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-07-29-15-14-24.png
    Screenshot_2013-07-29-15-14-24.png
    56.1 KB · Views: 9

ben7798

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I actually found a great app from the play store, it's called "Fast wifi tether free". It works great. I have a non rooted galaxy3 from ATT and was unable to tether without rooting my phone or paying ATT to unlock that ability until I found this app. It's free, there is a paid version with more options but the free works fine w me. Try it out. :)

ben7798

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
The difference between the paid version and free version of the app is that the paid version allows you to create a password for the hotspot you're creating so strangers who happen to be in range won't be able to connect to your phones wifi. I only use the free version because at my house I don't need to worry about anyone else being in range to connect to my hotspot (it also shows you how many devicesare hhooked up to your phone in the notification bar in both versions). Neither version requires root access to use. I might actually buy the full version just to support the developer even though I don't need to be able to make a password, but I am so pleased with the free version I want to support the developer. I really hope you check it out and I hope it solves your problem. Don't forget "Fast Wifi Tether Free". If u try it, let me know if it helps you out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad