Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By goozing
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default how do you get cwm recovery for e4gt running gb27?

Hi, i am brand new to this site. I have been searching extensively and can't seem to find a way to get cwm recovery on my rooted epic 4g touch (gb27, 4.1.2). I really would appreciate if anyone could help me get cwm recovery because i really want to be able to flash roms.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.

Global Posts
    13,890 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: how do you get cwm recovery for e4gt running gb27?

Quote Originally Posted by goozing View Post
    Hi, i am brand new to this site. I have been searching extensively and can't seem to find a way to get cwm recovery on my rooted epic 4g touch (gb27, 4.1.2). I really would appreciate if anyone could help me get cwm recovery because i really want to be able to flash roms.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Welcome to the forums.
    Head to YouTube. QBKing77 has some great videos about rooting, and the E4GT is one of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Meant to add: watch the videos a couple times, take notes and go over them a few times as well. Any questions, do nothing and ask first.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Golfdriver97 thank you for responding. I already watched his video about agat recovery but i was wondering how i could get cwm recovery.I just recently found out about twrp recovery and was wondering if i should just install that instead. Do you know if twrp recovery is compatible with most roms for the epic 4g touch?
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Global Posts
    13,890 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Twrp and cwm are about the same. I like cwm because it is set up to respond to the volume keys as opposed to a touch interface.
    Otherwise, it is a matter of preference. Agat is just a twist on cwm. Same features, etc. It works fine.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I have read that agat doesn't work with many roms and has caused problems. It seems like many of the roms require me to be on an ics modem. So i was wondering according to this guide for this specific rom can i just start from step one even though i am on a gb27 jelly bean modem???

Global Posts
    13,890 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by goozing View Post
    I have read that agat doesn't work with many roms and has caused problems. It seems like many of the roms require me to be on an ics modem. So i was wondering according to this guide for this specific rom can i just start from step one even though i am on a gb27 jelly bean modem???
    That should be OK. Slim is an AOSP ROM, just so you know.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Hi i managed to get slimbean on my phone. But i have encountered an issue. I don't have any mobile network connection. I can call and text but no internet. Internet only works through wifi.
    Please help!!!

Global Posts
    13,890 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Try a different modem?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I dont know how to get a different modem. The same thing also happened when i flashed the dirty unicorn rom. Can you please explain by "try a different modem"?
    Thanks