HTC Evo Accessories

dre3k2

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Source: HTC EVO 4G accessories will bring more fun to the phone

As any other Smartphone HTC EVO 4G will need some great accessories to go along with it. Today at the EVO 4G event in New York, Sprint has confirmed some upcoming HTC EVO 4G accessories. They have announced two great accessories for EVO 4G and the rest we spotted at the showcase that stood all alone in the corner. By now you should know how much we like accessories, hence we're excited to tell you more about them.

HTC EVO 4G comes equipped with HDMI port for content streaming to your TV and for that reason HTC has manufactured a multimedia charging cradle/dock for it (see image #1). By placing the phone in the dock it will automatically charge EVO 4G as well as stream content through HDMI cable (if connected to the dock). That way you will not need to go through the process of connecting and disconnecting the HDMI cable every time you want to stream videos. Just place the phone in the dock and it will do it's magic.

Another great accessory for HTC EVO 4G is in-car charging cradle/mount, very similar to Nexus One dock. This accessory will let you charge your phone, mount your phone in the car, and most importantly will activate "Car Panel" app on your phone. Car Panel is a Google based app featuring Footprints, Navigation, Map, and Voice search. Think of this product as your vehicle's navigation system and much more.

In addition to the luxury accessories for HTC EVO 4G mentioned above, Sprint will also offer the usual ones, such as cases, silicone skins, hard snap-on covers, chargers, and more.

As we'll get our hands on any of the HTC EVO 4G accessories you'll be seeing our hands-on reviews about them. Be sure to browse HTCPedia Shop for a large selection of HTC EVO 4G accessories.

th_40d5d3019ef873a0f4890edb7fb3_182x136.JPG

th_b5b923447833a3a15f1611abf970_182x136.JPG

th_26367b5c2ca548eea53539b2c6bc_182x136.JPG

Excited for the car dock and home dock!!

Last edited:

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
One of the biggest problems for Android devices is the lack of a common port connector/location. I am no Apple fan but that standard connector on the bottom is nice! I can buy all kinds of docks, speakers, alarm clocks etc... to plug my iPod touch in. I even plug in my iPod to my car head unit. Works with any new device from the iPods to iPhones. Man I hate iPhones..... so boring, I digress i:)i

With Android devices being so numerous just imagine all the cool hardware we could use if all devices would standardize. This would allow a ton of hardware devices to me made that would work across multiple devices. As it is now each hardware add on has to be made for a specific device and that really slows down 3rd party hardware support.

I think the Evo approach could be a good standard as it has the USB for power/data and a HDMI for video and audio. As long as the USB connector can see IR commands for remote controls, it will be about as functional as the Apple connector.

Just a thought... i:)i

Jerry-O

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
When will we start to see accessries available trough sprint or 3rd pary. With a release date and everyone in the know having hands on time with the EVO the dimensions are out there for people to start manufacturing.

dre3k2

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I've had Sprint for about 5 years now. In my experience, they've always had the accessories BEFORE launch... But I can't promise ya anything.

Darth Pooh#CB

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
One of the biggest problems for Android devices is the lack of a common port connector/location. I am no Apple fan but that standard connector on the bottom is nice! I can buy all kinds of docks, speakers, alarm clocks etc... to plug my iPod touch in. I even plug in my iPod to my car head unit. Works with any new device from the iPods to iPhones. Man I hate iPhones..... so boring, I digress i:)i

With Android devices being so numerous just imagine all the cool hardware we could use if all devices would standardize. This would allow a ton of hardware devices to me made that would work across multiple devices. As it is now each hardware add on has to be made for a specific device and that really slows down 3rd party hardware support.

I think the Evo approach could be a good standard as it has the USB for power/data and a HDMI for video and audio. As long as the USB connector can see IR commands for remote controls, it will be about as functional as the Apple connector.

Just a thought... i:)i

I love the idea... it's actually the reason why you see a BAJILLION iPhone/iPod accessories cheaply made.

Even if Android went over to a standard port (say.... Micro USB, which is becoming the norm), you still run into docks/cradles not having the correct form factor / port placement location issues. Sucks...

dwhitman

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
wait...it charges thru the HDMI port too?

I think you're just mis-parsing the sentence "By placing the phone in the dock it will automatically charge EVO 4G as well as stream content through HDMI cable".

I read this as it will automatically:

1. charge
2. stream video through the hdmi port

Presumably the "charge" part is through the usb port, as usual.

Jupiter600

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Also, none of the accesories for the HD2 will fit this EVO?

Like i saw one that had a nice rubber border to it. Whats that called? Like a sure grip. was nice

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude