Best screen protector?

imex99

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Just received my Invisible Shield for my EVO, I go to my local Zagg kiosk andlet them install it. Then will replace and put my shield if/when it gets dirty and starts to peel.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

They took a Dremel tool to it??? In the video they did that really? I thought to myself, hell no they would stop saying something like it isn't THAT good or something but they did, they ran a frekin Dremel on it! I simply cannot believe that one. Dropping stuff on it I can see but a Dremel is designed to sand that stuff off. How can it do that and still be sensitive enough to work well? I am kidding I know it is to protect it not always to protect it and still be usable. They must have used VERY little pressure while doing that anyway.....

Wow if it really can stand up to that I am IN! i:Di

Okay I am still trying to decide on which one to use, if any. I have used a few types in the past, Writeright etc.. but never Zagg.

<Walking away muttering to myself> A Dremel, I cannot believe it..... wow....

Last edited:

x4sper

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I went with stealth guards. They are same thing and you get get 2 full body shields for $10 bucks hell yes. Check them out

Gathomblipoob

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I personally dislike screen protectors. Just be more careful with the device. The anti-glare protectors that don't smudge make the screen fuzzy and a crystal clear protector will smudge more so than the screen being naked. As for Zagg products I've never been a fan. Nothing beats a good case...

I agree. I've owned all three models of iPhone and don't use a screen protector. Just keep it out of the same pocket with keys and change.When you put it in your pocket, face the screen toward your thigh.

kkacatin

May 23, 2010
Visit site
A screen protector doesn't hurt.

I've used Zagg, Phantom Skinz, and bestskinsever and here are my conclusions.

Zagg is the most expensive, easier to get because it is sold in retail stores, adds thickness, and feels "sticky."

bestskinsever is the cheapest, feels as if it's not even on the devices, but leaves a lot of fingerprints and grease behind.

Phantom Skinz is a dollar or two more than bestskinsever, feels just like bestskinsever, but does a better job of attracting less fingerprints and grease.

Shipping for bestskinsever and Phantom Skinz is sent via USPS First-Class envelope with either free shipping or $1 depending on how many skins you are ordering.

It never hurts to have a screen protector. The only downside is that you have to wait a day to use the device after application.

That is a small price to pay for lifetime protection for your screen.

I've never had a problem with any touchscreen device I've put this on and I've demoed this to people by having them give me their keys and scratch my device.

Recently, a guy was bragging about his iPhone's protective glass screen. So I got my keys out, scratched my protected Palm Pre, and gave him my keys to scratch his iPhone. Obviously he didn't do that.

Reactions: cochese2323

Ky1e.YC

May 14, 2010
Visit site

Zagg is the most expensive, easier to get because it is sold in retail stores, adds thickness, and feels "sticky."

bestskinsever is the cheapest, feels as if it's not even on the devices, but leaves a lot of fingerprints and grease behind.

Phantom Skinz is a dollar or two more than bestskinsever, feels just like bestskinsever, but does a better job of attracting less fingerprints and grease.

Shipping for bestskinsever and Phantom Skinz is sent via USPS First-Class envelope with either free shipping or $1 depending on how many skins you are ordering.

It never hurts to have a screen protector. The only downside is that you have to wait a day to use the device after application.

That is a small price to pay for lifetime protection for your screen.

I've never had a problem with any touchscreen device I've put this on and I've demoed this to people by having them give me their keys and scratch my device.

Recently, a guy was bragging about his iPhone's protective glass screen. So I got my keys out, scratched my protected Palm Pre, and gave him my keys to scratch his iPhone. Obviously he didn't do that.

some useful input there, thanks. I will have a screen protector for sure. Since i pre-ordered @ RS, still wondering what they will offer so i can manage that $30 credit.

Ky1e.YC

May 14, 2010
Visit site

Got one question for you, do you recommend full body protection, or just screen itself?

Rudementry

May 16, 2010
Visit site

Thanks very much for your input that was both kind and insightful. I think I'd rather get a Phantomskinz, but I have a 40% discount on a Zagg Invisible Shield valid until the 31st, if I end up going with Phantomskinz, would anyone be interested in a 40% off discount code?

mbabc

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I agree. I've owned all three models of iPhone and don't use a screen protector. Just keep it out of the same pocket with keys and change.When you put it in your pocket, face the screen toward your thigh.

?1
always used protectors on my older Palms, but went without on my latest 800w. 2 plus years and no noticeable scratches. always rides in my front pocket alone. keys/coins in the other. thinks I'll do the same w/ the evo. probabbly get a slip type case for my mortorcycle jacket. figure in 2 years it'll be on to the next greatest phone. neat times we live in!

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I've tried several and my personal favorite it Boxwave. It doesn't require any solution, it isn't tacky and it's easy to install. The best thing though is I've never had to replace one. I use Boxwave on all my devices. I combine it with a rubber case that won't scratch the phone.

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I had a Power Support Anti-Glare screen protector on my iPhone 3G because it was such a pain to clean the fingerprints and smudges off of it. I didn't have to put one on my iPhone 3GS thanks to the oleo-phobic coating. A quick swipe across my pant leg and it's clean as a whistle. I sure hope HTC puts the Hero coating on the EVO. Scratches on the screen are not a concern to me at all...on the plastic back of the iPhone...yes...screen no.

Ky1e.YC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I have one concern about those screen protectors. Since EVO 4G has multiple touch screen, will the protector lower screen's responsive? especially, some thick ones

kkacatin

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Got one question for you, do you recommend full body protection, or just screen itself?

Sorry for the late response but I just recommend the screen only. Protection films on Matte finishes are just horrible looking in my opinion. It really depends on the device as well. I've had little time with the HD2 and wouldn't know how the film would be made for the device. I know for sure it'll be a pain to install.

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I've used Invisible Shield screen protectors on several devices. So I feel that I can form a solid opinion as to why I do not like Invisible Shield type protectors. They are very tacky to the touch, almost slowing your finger down while swiping. Also even though they do a great job protecting the screen underneath the shield itself scratches easily. Installation also isn't the best experience.

Again my opinion.

I've recently discovered Clarivue protectors. They have a smooth glass-like feel and so far don't seem to scratch like the Invisible Shield protectors do. Application is also much easier given you don't need a solution.

How long do they last on the phone before needing to be replaced?

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I said it earlier and I will say it again. I love Boxwave. If you don't want the hassle of the water install of a screen protector, and you want something that is easy on off and does the job well get Boxwave. They have for the EVO both Cleartouch anti glare and Cleartouch crystal. They are available right now for ordering. No, I don't work for Boxwave, but have used their products for a long time and they just work and you don't know they are the device.

Here is the link for my personal favorite, Cleartouch crystal. You don't even know it is on the device.

EVO 4G Screen Protector / HTC EVO 4G Screen Protector / EVO 4G Invisible Screen Cover / HTC EVO 4G Screen Cover / EVO 4G Screen Film - ClearTouch Crystal

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I said it earlier and I will say it again. I love Boxwave. If you don't want the hassle of the water install of a screen protector, and you want something that is easy on off and does the job well get Boxwave. They have for the EVO both Cleartouch anti glare and Cleartouch crystal. They are available right now for ordering. No, I don't work for Boxwave, but have used their products for a long time and they just work and you don't know they are the device.

Here is the link for my personal favorite, Cleartouch crystal. You don't even know it is on the device.

EVO 4G Screen Protector / HTC EVO 4G Screen Protector / EVO 4G Invisible Screen Cover / HTC EVO 4G Screen Cover / EVO 4G Screen Film - ClearTouch Crystal

How long does it last on the phone before needing to be replaced? Like lifting corners and such?