Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC Evo Pouch?

Does anyone know whether it comes with a pouch or not.
    When i got my palm pre, it came with a pouch to hold me off until i got an actual case,

If not, i'm thinking of buying one for the HTC HD2, as it is the same size as the Evo, and have it ready for day one.

Heres one i found for under 10 dollars shipped. Genuine HTC Pouch Case For HTC Touch HD2 T8585 (HTC Leo) : neTimes.com
    What do you guys think?

Heres another one on amazon i like http://www.amazon.com/Leather-Case-T-Mobile-HTC-HD2/dp/B003LASZP8/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1273902485&sr=8-10

Pre-ordered at Radio Shack today, and the associate claimed that it will come with a silicon or gel sleeve, FWIW. She was not terribly knowledgeable on the phone but she did have the store's info sheet for the phone. So take this with a grain of salt.

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bodar View Post
    Pre-ordered at Radio Shack today, and the associate claimed that it will come with a silicon or gel sleeve, FWIW. She was not terribly knowledgeable on the phone but she did have the store's info sheet for the phone. So take this with a grain of salt.
    That would make sense because the HD2 comes with a silicone case. Though I hear it's the annoying lint magnet type.

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

The phone comes with no case in the box. The radio shack employee was most likely referring to the $20 accessory credit you get for pre-ordering.
    Original Member

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts

If you want a good pouch case check out Sena cases. They make some quality cases.

Beware of buying and HTC HD2 pouch or case for your EVO (had to make it look scary ). They may be the same size, but,

• The EVO's 3.5 mm headphone plug is on the top. Whereas the HD2's is on the bottom.

• The volume rockers are also on the opposite side of the phones.

• The EVO also has the HDMI on the bottom so the holes on an HD2 case might not line up.
    Original Member

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brainerd View Post
    Beware of buying and HTC HD2 pouch or case for your EVO (had to make it look scary ). They may be the same size, but,

• The EVO's 3.5 mm headphone plug is on the top. Whereas the HD2's is on the bottom.

• The volume rockers are also on the opposite side of the phones.

• The EVO also has the HDMI on the bottom so the holes on an HD2 case might not line up.
    Not a single one of those issues would matter with a pouch case. Unless my definition of a pouch case is completely different than yours.

Global Posts
    565 Global Posts

I do want a hip holster for it - too big for a pocket.
    HTC Evo 4G | Playstation 3 (60 GB) | Texas Longhorns | San Antonio Spurs | Dallas Cowboys

Quote Originally Posted by r-nice View Post
    I do want a hip holster for it - too big for a pocket.
    I can hear it from my wife now... Is that your evo in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

Quote Originally Posted by springsyeti View Post
    I can hear it from my wife now... Is that your evo in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?
    and your reply would be?

Quote Originally Posted by kenj37 View Post
    and your reply would be?
    Yes, and I'm happy to see both of you

You might want to rethink ordering that 10 buck pouch as it's made for the regular HTC HD2 which measures 4.74" tall while the US HD2 and EVO come in at 4.8" tall

Quote Originally Posted by bdarknessb View Post
    Does anyone know whether it comes with a pouch or not.
    When i got my palm pre, it came with a pouch to hold me off until i got an actual case,

If not, i'm thinking of buying one for the HTC HD2, as it is the same size as the Evo, and have it ready for day one.

Heres one i found for under 10 dollars shipped. Genuine HTC Pouch Case For HTC Touch HD2 T8585 (HTC Leo) : neTimes.com
    What do you guys think?

Heres another one on amazon i like Amazon.com: Leather Case for T-Mobile HTC HD2 - Vertical Pouch Type (Black): Electronics

I was told by HTC that Day Deal gets cases in fairly early and to go there so I did. They didn't have anything so I called to ask and was told oh any case for the HD2 would work. And they had some cute ones but I need the kickstand cut out. So I guess I'll wait. My guy would like the messenger pouch if it had a thing on the back to clip on your pants..

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

those slip in cases always makes me wonder. won't the phone slip out without something on the top to cover it?

Quote Originally Posted by RedWings View Post
    That'll be me, right there.