1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

Default Otterbox for the EVO

Otterbox protected my Iphone and Blackberry nicely when I had them. But looking at the otterbox site they are very slow at making cases for new arrivals. They still havent released that Ipad case and there is no word on that Incredible case.. The Evo 4g with all its features should last me 5 years with the removal battery, and a brick like case.. Please Otterbox put out a case for the EVO promptly. i Can't do this bad boy justice by putting it in some flimsy case..

Its like buying your wife a cubic zirconia for a wedding ring, we need the real diamonds
    Last edited by djtarique; 05-17-2010 at 09:43 AM. Reason: typo

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

I went to the otterbox site, and under contact us, there is a form for requesting cases for phones, I imagine the more folks that request something the quicker they will react...

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

Default Here is the link direct to Otterbox "contact page"

Otterboxes are nice, but dont ya find them a little big?
    Roy Aguilera

Otterbox is making one for the Incredible as we speak. Keep in mind that they get the phones same time we do. They are behind as far as having a case ready on launch due to this.

I've always felt they were a little big too.

Friend of mine has one now on an Iphone and it looks gigantic, at least to me. lol
    When you can snatch the pebble from my hand, then it will be time for you to leave.

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts

Default Otterbox too big?

It depends on the style of Otterbox. The Defender is quite big but if you work construction or some type of out door job it will take a pounding and protect your device. I have an Otterbox Commuter (I think its called) for my iPhone 3gs and its not big at all rather very good looking case.

Global Posts
    154 Global Posts

I contacted Otterbox about this and got a response from them to keep checking the website that they are never told when new products are coming out.. I guarantee Seideo will have a case out on Release day, as much as I don't want another Seidio case because of the problems I had with my last one I just may be going that route again...

I sent Otterbox a message a month ago or so asking if they are planning to produce a defender for the Evo. She said that they have nothing i the works that she knows of but they have had alot of requests for the Defender and are looking in to it. So I would imagine that they will. Not sure what the plan is now its closer to release date. I hope so, I have a Defender for my curve and love it. Im a Medic so i really need the extra protection for work.

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jmjccwatson View Post
    I sent Otterbox a message a month ago or so asking if they are planning to produce a defender for the Evo. She said that they have nothing i the works that she knows of but they have had alot of requests for the Defender and are looking in to it. So I would imagine that they will. Not sure what the plan is now its closer to release date. I hope so, I have a Defender for my curve and love it. Im a Medic so i really need the extra protection for work.
    FF/EMT here, but I am hard on phones even without that job title...

It took them until last month to put out one for the Palm Pre, so I wouldn't expect it for the EVO until sometime in November.

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

They might be a little faster with the Evo because I think they'll design it around Evo and be able to sell it for Evo/HD2/8585 since the dimensions might be close enough for the heavier duty series. Not sure if the commuter/light duty models won't have to be separate though because even 1mm can be enough of a difference to require something else (similar to how new covers had to be developed for iPod Touch 1G vs 2G).