Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts

Default Where to get protection ASAP

So I ordered an EVO on ebay. It will be here by noon tomorrow. Nothing scares me more than a naked phone. What are my options for protection that I can acquire at a brick and mortar. Perhaps the ZAGG shield for the HTC HD2? Then again, that has hard buttons so it doesnt have the perfect face. I look forward to any suggestions.

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts

well i havent got my evo yet but ZAGG has the shield for the evo cause i just got it today ive used it@on my pre n love it

Global Posts
    287 Global Posts
    ROM
    EVO:CM7, Xoom:Stock HC

I want an OtterBox hardcore, but I REALLY doubt they'll be available before the EVO release.

I have NO IDEA what I'm going to use in the meantime...

Global Posts
    381 Global Posts

The Zagg shield is already available for the Evo

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts

Best Buy will have it on launch day.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts

I need somethign ASAP. I guess ZAGG it is. So I guess the question is do i go anal and get the maximum protection with front/rear/side or just the full body front/rear.

Zagg blows. its sticky and gross. Get Ghost-Armor. MUCH better.
    Galaxy Nexus -Unlocked/Rooted- Stock Rom
    HTC Incredible. Unrevoked Forever. CM7

Quote Originally Posted by threepio View Post
    Zagg blows. its sticky and gross. Get Ghost-Armor. MUCH better.
    Agree about Zagg. Another alternative I like a lot (on my Pre) is the PhantomSkinz. Just use the top since I've got the touchstone back on it. Looks like they're only on pre-order right now for the EVO. Had a Zagg, ripped it off and replaced with Phantom and have really enjoyed it. Literally can not tell is it on my Pre. As smooth as the phone is/was new. No a scratch on it and it handles fingerprinting much better than I remember the Zagg. Still have them but not nearly as bad.

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

some people prefer the slight tackiness present when using a Zagg screen protector. It is also something that diminishes with time - the day you put the skin on it will be appreciably 'stickier' than after a few weeks.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts

I just want the best protection.. if there is somethign as good as zagg without the tackiness i'd prefer that.. I love nothing more than my finger sliding smoothly and I do worry that the tackiness could be problematic. But I also want soemthing permanent. My anti-glare iphone covers drove me nuts with their bubbling and damage they took for no apparent reason.

i ordered a jelly case until a hard case comes out but i really need something more to protect mine on a plant floor.

since i cant safely holster it or put it in a pocket while working i think i may try my hard sided psp case, with a few mods of course.