Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 37
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default This looks bad for 3rd party batteries

    BatteryBoss Calls Out False Capacity Claims!

    Im very disappointed I was going to go with Seidio, but it appears like OEM is the way to go.

    Amzer or Seidio If you read this forum please provide us with feedback.

    TP2 batteries are the same batteries in the EVO
    Thanked by 5:
  2. #2  

    Default

    eww. thanks for the link. you say the tp2 batteries are the same in the evo... do you know if that tp2 oem 2150mah battery fits?

    edit: nevermind... its too big and it requires an extended back cover. see here: http://www.amazon.com/HTC-Extended-B...idcentral00-20

    this is from seido's website:
    "In order to obtain the full capacity of your Seidio battery, we highly recommend that you leave the battery/your phone on the charger for an additional 2-3 hours after the charging indicator turns green or the battery status shows full."
  3. #3  
    Yourdogsdead's Avatar

    Posts
    1,362 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    Various

    Default

    Interesting read. They are playing off the "higher is better" thinking trend that is going on here. When it comes to battery capacity though, the higher the amperage the better. They are just overrating their batteries and selling them in a misleading way.
    </awesome>
  4. #4  

    Default

    OEM is always better

    Thanks for the link twennywonn!
  5. #5  
  6. #6  

    Default

    If true that really SUCKS!!!

    I just got the 1750 battery. Not from Amazon but their link is:
    Amazon.com: Seidio Inno 1750mAh Extended Life Battery for Use With HTC Touch Pro 2, HTC Hero, and HTC Evo 4G (Black): Cell Phones & Service

    Weird how some people in the reviews seem to get battery life and others don't. That intrigues me. Maybe the guy who did the review had a bad one? Non-conditioned one? Other factors?

    I can live with it being at least 1500 like OEM but to pay for MORE and actually be LESS than OEM!!!
    Systems Analyst by trade, drummer by desire and music lover by birth.
    A self proclaimed geek and gadget nut. ii <--Drum sticks
  7. #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    If true that really SUCKS!!!

    I just got the 1750 battery. Not from Amazon but their link is:
    Amazon.com: Seidio Inno 1750mAh Extended Life Battery for Use With HTC Touch Pro 2, HTC Hero, and HTC Evo 4G (Black): Cell Phones & Service

    Weird how some people in the reviews seem to get battery life and others don't. That intrigues me. Maybe the guy who did the review had a bad one? Non-conditioned one? Other factors?

    I can live with it being at least 1500 like OEM but to pay for MORE and actually be LESS than OEM!!!
    the battery boss tested three seido batteries and none of them are not even close to the rated capacity... what does that tell you?
  8. #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jxs1984 View Post
    the battery boss tested three seido batteries and none of them are not even close to the rated capacity... what does that tell you?
    That tells me that maybe I should send that back.... ii
    Thanks man... Good stuff to know...

    The more I think about it, maybe I will just keep it as I already have it and it would cost me to send it back anyway. If it performs bad I will never get another from them that is for sure.
    Systems Analyst by trade, drummer by desire and music lover by birth.
    A self proclaimed geek and gadget nut. ii <--Drum sticks
  9. #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    That tells me that maybe I should send that back.... ii
    Thanks man... Good stuff to know...

    The more I think about it, maybe I will just keep it as I already have it and it would cost me to send it back anyway. If it performs bad I will never get another from them that is for sure.
    can you do a review with it? keep us posted!
  10. #10  

    Default

    Definitely made me think twice about where I purchase a battery for my Evo.
  11. #11  
    12MaNy's Avatar
    Regional Leg Breaker

    Posts
    149 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,515 Global Posts
    ROM
    Too many to list...

    Default

    God....Seido and Mugen are both running a jip joint.
  12. #12  

    Default

    I've seen Seidio on this forum, maybe they can chime in?
  13. #13  
    Yourdogsdead's Avatar

    Posts
    1,362 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    Various

    Default

    I agree, where is Seidio on this topic. They need to defend their batteries.
    </awesome>
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default

    I have also seen Seidio on this forum if they don't chime in, they will lose more creditability in my mind.

    If they offer us a special coupon code for the battery we could all review it.
  15. #15  

    Default

    what do you expect them to say?

    that's a lie, our batteries are good?
  16. #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    what do you expect them to say?

    that's a lie, our batteries are good?
    they're gonna have to show us testing results!
  17. #17  
    Yourdogsdead's Avatar

    Posts
    1,362 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    Various

    Default

    Or something to prove the guy wrong. It kind of pisses me off that they are overrating their batteries. I hope that something is up
    </awesome>
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    what do you expect them to say?

    that's a lie, our batteries are good?
    No they could attempt to or prove his testing methods don't tell the full story, Possibly show some real world tests.


    OR they can refund me the 40 buck I spent for their extended battery on my palm pre
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

    Default

    Double post FTL
  20. #20  
    popo341's Avatar

    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

    Default Seidio battery

    Honestly I have purchased Seidio batteries for a couple of years now for many devices. I have purchased ext life oem and ext life oversized batteries. I bought them for my Treo, my BB Pearl then Curve & my Pre. I now have the EVO & will most likely get the same combo for it. I like the OEM ext life to carry around for an extra battery. The 2600 will be for extended outings. If you are out and about and a heavy user with no chance to connect to a power source then go for the 2600mah and you wont be disappointed. I was never really sure if the oem ext life batteries ever made a difference. Some days it seemed to make a difference then other days who knows. I do know that the 2600mah gives you plenty of juice for a good day and a half of use.
  21. #21  

    Default

    You would think that since battery life is a major concern for these types of phones, that the manufacturers would develop extended batteries in tandem with the phone itself.

    Of course the Cento can't do half of the things the pre and EVO can do, but my daughter left it at my house off the charger for a while week and when she came back she was able to pick it up and start texting.

    I hate that my wireless device must always be wired too some charging device.
  22. #22  

    Default

    You would think that since battery life is a major concern for these types of phones, that the manufacturers would develop extended batteries in tandem with the phone itself.

    Of course the Cento can't do half of the things the pre and EVO can do, but my daughter left it at my house off the charger for a while week and when she came back she was able to pick it up and start texting.

    I hate that my wireless device must always be wired too some charging device.
  23. #23  
    C01E's Avatar

    Posts
    65 Posts
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

    Default

    looks like Id rather get a portable USB charger instead of an extended battery now... Good info!
    HTC Apache > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch > BB Curve 8310 > iPhone 3G > Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4G
    Currently testing every rom under the sun to see which one I like best. Warm 2.2 is current winner!
  24. #24  
    cdolan22's Avatar

    Posts
    56 Posts
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

    Default Oh Seidio

    Ha... I find it funny that Seidio comments on forums every single day but has not come here. I am sure people have PMed seidioseidio and told them about this, but they have nothing to say. What a poorly run company. Telling you Evo users to TAPE UP your brand new cases so they fit right, selling batteries with false ratings. Good job boys keep it up. Instead of fixing the problem that they created, they'll probably just tell everyone a way we can fix it ourselves. Bravo Seidio. Lying is awesome.
  25. #25  
    cdolan22's Avatar

    Posts
    56 Posts
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by popo341 View Post
    Honestly I have purchased Seidio batteries for a couple of years now for many devices. I have purchased ext life oem and ext life oversized batteries. I bought them for my Treo, my BB Pearl then Curve & my Pre. I now have the EVO & will most likely get the same combo for it. I like the OEM ext life to carry around for an extra battery. The 2600 will be for extended outings. If you are out and about and a heavy user with no chance to connect to a power source then go for the 2600mah and you wont be disappointed. I was never really sure if the oem ext life batteries ever made a difference. Some days it seemed to make a difference then other days who knows. I do know that the 2600mah gives you plenty of juice for a good day and a half of use.

    The tests in that link have the seidio running around 80% of what they claim and the OEM running at about 98%. Meaning a Seidio Battery claiming 2600 is really getting 2080. Your OEM battery for 2100 is getting 2058. I am guessing the OEM one is cheaper, and I would definitely rather give my money to an honest company.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions