Belt holster or Jean Pocket

TheMobileWorx

May 8, 2010
Visit site
pocket for sure. It feels significantly thinner than the htc hero, and at its largest width and length dimensions is not that much larger. I think a lot of people exaggerate the physical size of this phone. It has nothing on my old treo 650, haha. That thing was a brick and over time wore a hole in many pairs of my jeans with that nubbin of an antenna.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I had a belt clip for my old dumbphone and a holster for my Pre, so I think I'd feel weird with the EVO in my pocket. (I'm used to having a Batman utility belt of pagers, phones, PDAs, swipe badges on.) I have a friend who dogs me for having a holster - "Putit in your pocket. You look like a dork." - and this may be just big enough to make pocketing it necessary. We'll see.

imsully

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Pocket here as well. I have always carried my phones there. I try hard to keep keys, change, etc out of there but i hope to get a screen protector just to be sure. Hopefully the EVO will hold up as well as my touch pro and tree did.

EVOLICIOUS

May 23, 2010
Visit site
face in holster, i work construction and that phone would get killed on the jobsite in someones pocket! and its nowhere near as thick as the nextel i carry!

SilverZero

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Pocket as well. never used a holster. but it will have a screen protector and a thin rubber case.

I tried the silicone skin + pocket thing for about 5 seconds with an iPhone. I found that it was too "sticky" to get in and out whereas the phone alone would just slide in. I'm thinking pocket myself, but with just a Zagg shield or something to keep it slick and safe.

BTW, @TheMobileWorx: That PhoneFraze app looks great, but the last thing I want to do is have a bunch of my hyped-up competitive friends passing my Evo around at a party with the clock ticking. Slip. Drop. Break. Stab.

Last edited:

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I messed up too many screens, even with protectors on them, to carry any phone in my pockets anymore. And several went through the washing machine because I forgot to take them out. Smaller phones ofcourse. So it is side holder for me. I always wear a belt anyhow, and use the holders that loop through the belt itself and not just clip onto it.

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Pocket.

I made it a habit to always keep 1 pocket devoid of keys, and change (anything else goes into laptop bag). My pre is pristine...

teiresias

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
If I'm at work I don't mind wearing a holster, particularly if I'm doing something physically demanding in the lab or I'm out in the field doing something. If I'm going out though I tend to go with just my pocket, which is admittedly easier to manage in the winter with coats and stuff.

GGotti

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I tried the silicone skin + pocket thing for about 5 seconds with an iPhone. I found that it was too "sticky" to get in and out whereas the phone alone would just slide in. I'm thinking pocket myself, but with just a Zagg shield or something to keep it slick and safe.

Yeah!! I need something like that also. Needs to go in and out fast.

freddyc

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Holster or a case that attaches to my belt. I've had too many experiences with cracked screens by reasons that only God knows how it happened with it in a pocket.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173