Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

Default Belt holster or Jean Pocket

Just curious how everyone is going to carry their new toy starring June 4th.

pocket for sure. It feels significantly thinner than the htc hero, and at its largest width and length dimensions is not that much larger. I think a lot of people exaggerate the physical size of this phone. It has nothing on my old treo 650, haha. That thing was a brick and over time wore a hole in many pairs of my jeans with that nubbin of an antenna.

(NEW RELEASE) Charades for your phone...

An app that's better than Catchphrase or Taboo: PhoneFraze!

Party with friends or family using these social games for 4 - 20+ people!

Global Posts
    1,429 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I had a belt clip for my old dumbphone and a holster for my Pre, so I think I'd feel weird with the EVO in my pocket. (I'm used to having a Batman utility belt of pagers, phones, PDAs, swipe badges on.) I have a friend who dogs me for having a holster - "Putit in your pocket. You look like a dork." - and this may be just big enough to make pocketing it necessary. We'll see.
    "The OnePlus One is such a big black slab of power that if you dropped it down in the middle of a pack of monkeys, they'd start using weapons." - Dirk Belligerent.
    Devices: 64GB OnePlus One, 32GB Nexus 5, 16GB Nexus 7 (2013), 16GB Nexus 4, ASUS Transformer TF101, Kindle Fire, HP TouchPad (CM7)

Pocket here as well. I have always carried my phones there. I try hard to keep keys, change, etc out of there but i hope to get a screen protector just to be sure. Hopefully the EVO will hold up as well as my touch pro and tree did.

I think maybe a holister depending on how it looks, I wear a watch and it gets in the way of reaching in my pocket. So well see

face in holster, i work construction and that phone would get killed on the jobsite in someones pocket! and its nowhere near as thick as the nextel i carry!

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

Pocket as well. never used a holster. but it will have a screen protector and a thin rubber case.

Quote Originally Posted by Tragic View Post
    Pocket as well. never used a holster. but it will have a screen protector and a thin rubber case.
    I tried the silicone skin + pocket thing for about 5 seconds with an iPhone. I found that it was too "sticky" to get in and out whereas the phone alone would just slide in. I'm thinking pocket myself, but with just a Zagg shield or something to keep it slick and safe.

BTW, @TheMobileWorx: That PhoneFraze app looks great, but the last thing I want to do is have a bunch of my hyped-up competitive friends passing my Evo around at a party with the clock ticking. Slip. Drop. Break. Stab.
    Last edited by SilverZero; 05-27-2010 at 11:12 PM.

sweater/coat/jacket pocket or in my purse.

Global Posts
    798 Global Posts
    ROM
    clean rom ics

I messed up too many screens, even with protectors on them, to carry any phone in my pockets anymore. And several went through the washing machine because I forgot to take them out. Smaller phones ofcourse. So it is side holder for me. I always wear a belt anyhow, and use the holders that loop through the belt itself and not just clip onto it.
    If at first you don't succeed, then sky driving is not for you.

I think its safe to say belt holster for me. That's how I made my intro onto the board actually. lol
    When you can snatch the pebble from my hand, then it will be time for you to leave.

I carry my iPhone + Seidio case in my pocket, and I'll do the same with the EVO.

Global Posts
    658 Global Posts

Pocket.

I made it a habit to always keep 1 pocket devoid of keys, and change (anything else goes into laptop bag). My pre is pristine...

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

If I'm at work I don't mind wearing a holster, particularly if I'm doing something physically demanding in the lab or I'm out in the field doing something. If I'm going out though I tend to go with just my pocket, which is admittedly easier to manage in the winter with coats and stuff.

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZero View Post
    I tried the silicone skin + pocket thing for about 5 seconds with an iPhone. I found that it was too "sticky" to get in and out whereas the phone alone would just slide in. I'm thinking pocket myself, but with just a Zagg shield or something to keep it slick and safe.
    Yeah!! I need something like that also. Needs to go in and out fast.

no holsters or belt clips unless you are on a construction site!

Definitely wearing mine on my belt!

Global Posts
    235 Global Posts

Holster or a case that attaches to my belt. I've had too many experiences with cracked screens by reasons that only God knows how it happened with it in a pocket.

Global Posts
    1,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    Various

I am definitely going to be using my pockets. Either that or carry it in my book bag, in its own pocket.
    </awesome>

Pocket. It's way too big for a girl to be wearing it on a belt and not look like a complete dork.

Don't know - probably pocket - holster is taken by Pre+

Quote Originally Posted by Tragic View Post
    Yeah!! I need something like that also. Needs to go in and out fast.
    I'm really trying not to make a certain joke right now, but it's getting pretty hard. Ah! There's another one!

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts

Ductape to my chest like IronMan's powercell?

Holster all the way baby.. Pew.Pew.PEw.

Global Posts
    2,141 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liberty v1.0

Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    Pocket. It's way too big for a girl to be wearing it on a belt and not look like a complete dork.
    I respectfully disagree. Well, maybe not the dork part

nerdLust = (hotGirl + smartPhone) * holster^2
    LOL!!!

Oh, and back on the OP's topic: I'm a holster kinda guy most of the time
    there is no spoon