Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation ATTENTION SEIDIO: We want our 4g cases on the 4th!!!!!

Hi. I ordered a Seidio case with the fastest available shipping which was 2 days. If you guys ship it on the 3rd, that means, the 5th is a Saturday.

Unfortunately, UPS or Fed Ex doesn't deliver on a Saturday for 2 day shipping. As a result, it will come Monday, June 7 making me go 4 days without the case.

Can you talk to upper management on shipping all 2-day orders overnight so we actually get it on the 4th?

Common sense would indicate that those who actually pre-order Seidio cases also pre-ordered the phone on the 4th. It would be nice to get both items on the same day.

We all know that Seidio is already shipping these cases out by the multiple mentions on the forums.

If you could do us customers this favor, we would most probably be repeat customers and appreciate this favor. In fact, a fellow board member's review helped me decide to get this case and I am a first time customer.

Thank you for your time

PS: 2 day shipping is $15...we all know overnight is cheaper than $15 anyhow.
    Last edited by eyecon82; 05-28-2010 at 02:16 AM.

I second that, I ordered yesterday and would like to have my case sitting at home waiting for the 4th like I am.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Seidio would be shooting itself in the foot if they can't even do their customers this favor.

I definitely would not order from them again if it turns out I get it on Monday; however, I would absolutely love them if they did ship it overnight

ROM
    Stock for now.

As nice as that is, they offer you the customer the choice to pay for Overnight. Its not their fault it comes out on a Friday, that's Sprint.

Need it Saturday, pay overnight. Otherwise be careful.

To say you'll never order again for such a reason is being excessively greedy and to me demonstrates the primary customer I don't mind losing. (Not saying you are, but the loud complainers tend to never be the big spenders anyways in retail.)

Or, rather than ship everything overnight, just send out the 2 Day packages on Wed so we get them on Fri with our shiny new Evo's. I have 2 Innocases, one with holster, and a 2 pack of screen protectors ordered. It would be great to have these on release day.

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I agree, I don't understand why they don't ship out on Tuesday, considering other companies seem to already be shipping out their Evo stuff. I am considering getting another screen protector because I'd like to protect my screen on the first day.

Quote Originally Posted by BPHusker View Post
    I agree, I don't understand why they don't ship out on Tuesday, considering other companies seem to already be shipping out their Evo stuff. I am considering getting another screen protector because I'd like to protect my screen on the first day.
    I ordered the invsishield screen protector from Zagg two days ago and I'm suppose to get it today. It's a little more expensive than Seidio's but I actually think it's better.

I do agree that Seidio should ship out the cases earlier. Has anyone emailed them and asked why they are waiting so long?

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts

Is Seidio's cases really that good? or there is no other choice so far?

Global Posts
    381 Global Posts

They aren't shipping out earlier, to try to encourage you to pay more for the overnight shipping

I don't know if I just missed it, but before when I looked at it, I didn't see the case / holster combo together, you had to pay $30 for each. But now it's available as the combo for $50 (sorry if I just missed it)

Quote Originally Posted by error4o4 View Post
    As nice as that is, they offer you the customer the choice to pay for Overnight. Its not their fault it comes out on a Friday, that's Sprint.
    OK, some misinformation there.

1. They do not offer overnight. The only options when I ordered was "FedEx Express Saver", "FedEx 2 day" and "US Postal Service". Overnight was not an option.

2. The items in question do not come out on Friday, that is the phone. The ship date for the pre-order accessories is 6/3 which is Thursday. The do have control over when they ship their accessories.

Am I saying I won't ever order from them because of this? No. Do I think it was a bad decision to ship the items on the 3rd instead of the 2nd so that those who may actually need them on the 4th would have them? Most assuredly. I believe this thread is evidence to support that assertion.

The FedEx 2 day also says it does not deliver on Saturday or holidays so as has been pointed out, we are looking at Monday before getting the accessories, not Saturday.

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

Actually overnight shipping IS available. It's Fedex standard overnight,costs $25 for me.

Global Posts
    381 Global Posts

yeah, overnight is available for me also, for $17.77

DAM I THOUGHT i was nuts with my phone and its protection and cases .. some people are worse then me .. happy to see this ...

when my wife heard that RS was opening at 6am for the phone release .. she said have fun going there that early .. there is no way i am getting up that early to go pick up a phone.. haha, especially on her day off

i have been on the edge of my seat to order the seidio case/holster combo ... but just wanna see what is released first .. sprint is supposed to release a charging case and holster for the evo ... wanna see that first before i jump ship with seidio .. i can still return seidio i know but i loose out on the shipping to and from ... which would easliy add up to over $20
    Last edited by ToNeDrOiD; 05-28-2010 at 09:23 AM.

Global Posts
    217 Global Posts

Do they not sell accessories in store?

I'd be willing to bet you could buy some cheapo case to hold you over till the holy grail of cases arrive from seido
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by error4o4 View Post

Need it Saturday, pay overnight. Otherwise be careful.

To say you'll never order again for such a reason is being excessively greedy and to me demonstrates the primary customer I don't mind losing. (Not saying you are, but the loud complainers tend to never be the big spenders anyways in retail.)
    I think you are mistaken...please reread my post...this has nothing to do with sprint or Seidio sending it out to 3rd party retailers....

this is directly ordering from Seidio and the fastest option to ship was 2 day

I buy a lot of high-end things and I pay the premium for it ($50 for 2 pieces of plastic).....People who pay the premium on things want premium customer service..simple as that

When I take my car to the dealership, for which I paid a premium price for, my dealership treats me as a premium customer...no waiting...free food drinks, free loaners, etc, heck..the GM once took me out for lunch!

Quote Originally Posted by neile457 View Post
    They aren't shipping out earlier, to try to encourage you to pay more for the overnight shipping

I don't know if I just missed it, but before when I looked at it, I didn't see the case / holster combo together, you had to pay $30 for each. But now it's available as the combo for $50 (sorry if I just missed it)
    I would have paid for the overnight if it was available to me....but it wasn't an option
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadoX View Post
    Actually overnight shipping IS available. It's Fedex standard overnight,costs $25 for me.
    really? how? it clearly did not show that as an option for me....the fastest was 2 days and cost me ~$15.....I would have gladly paid the $10 more for overnight

Cell phone cases aren't needed. Why add thickness to the device while at the same time covering up the hot design of the Evo? I'd rather risk a few scratches while enjoying the phone in all it's glory than cover the entire thing up.

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by vince_in_chicago View Post
    Cell phone cases aren't needed. Why add thickness to the device while at the same time covering up the hot design of the Evo? I'd rather risk a few scratches while enjoying the phone in all it's glory than cover the entire thing up.
    The Innocase is really thin, so it doesn't add much thickness to the device. I have one for my TP2 and it is great. I guess I just don't want to get any scratches on my new phone.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Seidio cases add no more than 1mm to your device....I can care less about cases, but if you read the reviews, you will notice that the lens sticks out, so it can easily get scratched....but the seidio cases have it so the lens isn't the first thing touching the surface

also if you face your phone down and there is some grime on the surface, it can scratch it...the extra 1mm prevents that

The reason why I got this case is primarily for the holster....I have to tuck in my shirt, wear a tie, etc and this phone is too big for my pocket

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts

Just got off the phone with Seidio, who says that they might be shipping on 6/1 instead of 6/3. I'm going to hear back from them today to confirm. Apparently their stock is arriving today.
    Last edited by optimus; 05-28-2010 at 10:58 AM.
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,030 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

at least they will have them sooner then they did for the incredible.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Quote Originally Posted by optimus View Post
    Just got off the phone with Seidio, who says that they might be shipping on 6/1 instead of 6/3. I'm going to hear back from them today to confirm. Apparently their stock is arriving today.
    that's good news...I'm still waiting to hear from a call back from a manager...the 1st tier reps have no power

I think with enough complaints, they will accommodate our request....

I mean, is my request really absurd? I paid for the highest available shipping and was willing to pay the extra for overnight, IF it was available.

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

I'm not sure why it doesn't show overnight as an option for you, maybe it has something to do with where you live? At any rate I hope they do ship on June 1st so we can all get our cases in time for the release.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Yea, I do live in the sticks, but I get stuff overnighted to me all the time...im not sure why it wasn't showing as an option for me

That's all well and good for you, but I find that the Seidio case on my iPhone makes it easier to use and handle. The texture does a lot for it, as far as I am concerned. I am guessing it's going to be the same thing with the EVO.

Besides, the EVO is not that hot of a design. It's a slab. The screen, and speed and the 4G is the hotness, in my eyes, and the case doesn't change that.

Hello All,

Thank you all very much for your patience and interest in Seidio!

We strive to provide excellent service to all of our customers and take feedbacks and suggestions very seriously. That's why we have make the decision to move up the shipping date for our accessories for the HTC EVO 4G!

If you have already pre-ordered the accessories from Seidio Online, you order will be shipped beginning on June 1st, 2010. The includes all Innocase II Surface, Holsters, Combos, and Screen Guards.

We realize that some customers have opted for FedEx Standard Overnight in order to receive it by launch day. At this time, we would like to offer those that selected FedEx Standard Overnight to have the opportunity to downgrade their shipping method. Simply PM us here with your order information or contact customer service and one of our associates would be more than happy to assist you!

Those that chose FedEx Standard Overnight would also be notified of this opportunity.

Once again, we would like to thank everyone for your interest and please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns!

Regards,
    SEIDIO
    forum@seidio.com

Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google+ for special savings and new product updates!
    Thanked by:
    Saepak 
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast