New EVO skinned cases

way2success

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Nice! Really like it but what is it made of? Silicone gel? Plastic?? Can't find the info on the website.

Other than the protective skins, my biggest concern is if I drop the phone it should be safe or at least safer when I have the case on. The case should absorb the impact and take care of the edges but not adding too much bulk/weight to the phone. Any suggestions?

BTW. Nice find!

DesertSilver#AC

May 18, 2010
Visit site
That looks neat but my guess it's just a clear-ish vinyl that is laid on the phone. This is my guess because of the logos that are displayed through on the back, or they just did a horrible photoshop.

djtarique

May 1, 2010
Visit site
can't wait until 6/14. i have to put a case on my phone right at birth, if u wait too long your baby will fall to the ground without protection

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I'd buy that.
I think I'd go for the clear one. I just need a case that has some kind of grip.

Because... my Pre falls like no other. It's shaped the same way as a soap, and is slippery like one too.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I use these gel skins on everything. They're awesome and very thin.. They will absolutely offer protection against scratches, etc. If you drop your EVO, first of all, what the hell? Second, it will keep the unit together but it won't protect it from actually BREAKING if you drop it hard.. It's also a little slippery/grippy - if that makes sense. It's grippy but won't STICK if you're trying to slip it in your pants, etc. I would definitely order this, but I want it sooner than June 14th.. has anyone seen it in stock, currently ??

dwhitman

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
I don't know, the Argyle pattern on a phone just looks sort of tacky to me. IMHO, YMMV. If I got one, I'd be looking for black, like the phone.

I'm holding back on getting a skin until the car dock is out and reviewed. I'm worried a skin would prevent using the dock.

Rudementry

May 16, 2010
Visit site
If you drop your EVO, first of all, what the hell? Second, it will keep the unit together but it won't protect it from actually BREAKING if you drop it hard\

In that case I'm definitely not getting one... my phone needs to survive 5 ft drops on a weekly basis.

Rudementry

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Right!, I'll stock up on extra gloves too so if anyone wants to check out my new phone I can just make them slip the gloves on real quick.