Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    ACS Jelly Bean RC1, Stock

looks friggen awesome, how much thickness does it add, the hero skins make my phone feel 2x as big.

Global Posts
    258 Global Posts

that's pretty sweet looking!

Nice! Really like it but what is it made of? Silicone gel? Plastic?? Can't find the info on the website.

Other than the protective skins, my biggest concern is if I drop the phone it should be safe or at least safer when I have the case on. The case should absorb the impact and take care of the edges but not adding too much bulk/weight to the phone. Any suggestions?

BTW. Nice find!

That looks neat but my guess it's just a clear-ish vinyl that is laid on the phone. This is my guess because of the logos that are displayed through on the back, or they just did a horrible photoshop.

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

can't wait until 6/14. i have to put a case on my phone right at birth, if u wait too long your baby will fall to the ground without protection

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

Check out this video review...

Quote Originally Posted by Y2Dre View Post
    Check out this video review...

Thanks! That helps. Would love to see them do some drop test or something similar. Now the only thing remains is whether it's good enough for what they are claiming and the durability

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts

I love the look of that case. Too bad it is not available until 6/4

Quote Originally Posted by liquidjesus View Post
    looks friggen awesome, how much thickness does it add, the hero skins make my phone feel 2x as big.
    You mean the hero skin you bought is Amzer Luxe Argyle Skin Case?

I'd buy that.
    I think I'd go for the clear one. I just need a case that has some kind of grip.

Because... my Pre falls like no other. It's shaped the same way as a soap, and is slippery like one too.

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by way2success View Post
    You mean the hero skin you bought is Amzer Luxe Argyle Skin Case?
    no no, but it is a skin case, so i was just hoping it will be thinner.

Quote Originally Posted by liquidjesus View Post
    no no, but it is a skin case, so i was just hoping it will be thinner.
    Aha! Gotcha! I have started liking this case and hope it lives up to it's claims/expectation i.e. if I drop the EVO it comes out unhurt/winner.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts

This is exactly what I would be looking for; thin and rubbery. Then just pickup and invisibleSHIELD and my precious baby will be aaaaaall safe.

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts

I use these gel skins on everything. They're awesome and very thin.. They will absolutely offer protection against scratches, etc. If you drop your EVO, first of all, what the hell? Second, it will keep the unit together but it won't protect it from actually BREAKING if you drop it hard.. It's also a little slippery/grippy - if that makes sense. It's grippy but won't STICK if you're trying to slip it in your pants, etc. I would definitely order this, but I want it sooner than June 14th.. has anyone seen it in stock, currently ??

Global Posts
    691 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted

I don't know, the Argyle pattern on a phone just looks sort of tacky to me. IMHO, YMMV. If I got one, I'd be looking for black, like the phone.

I'm holding back on getting a skin until the car dock is out and reviewed. I'm worried a skin would prevent using the dock.

Quote Originally Posted by dwhitman View Post
    I don't know, the Argyle pattern on a phone just looks sort of tacky to me. IMHO, YMMV. If I got one, I'd be looking for black, like the phone.
    This. Argyle is for metrosexuals apparently according to my wife, hehe

Quote Originally Posted by EVO_girl View Post
    If you drop your EVO, first of all, what the hell? Second, it will keep the unit together but it won't protect it from actually BREAKING if you drop it hard\
    In that case I'm definitely not getting one... my phone needs to survive 5 ft drops on a weekly basis.

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    In that case I'm definitely not getting one... my phone needs to survive 5 ft drops on a weekly basis.
    wrap it in bubble wrap, or put a velcro back on it and wear corresponding fingertip-less velcro gloves

=P

Right!, I'll stock up on extra gloves too so if anyone wants to check out my new phone I can just make them slip the gloves on real quick.

Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    ROM
    Team XRON; Sense or Aosp

Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    Right!, I'll stock up on extra gloves too so if anyone wants to check out my new phone I can just make them slip the gloves on real quick.
    I am a fan of the oven mitts, and they are cheap or better yet the "ov-glove"

these have been up for weeks, not new at all...

I don't like the design/color. The thinness is appreciated though.

is this case similar to epik cases, ultra-cases, etc.?
    "Me, Grimlock, no bozo. Me king!"

i'm feeling this case. considering the price, i might just order one and see what i think... i like the seidio case but 35 bucks after shipping is steep to me...

edit: wow shipping on 6/14... maybe not gonna get this...
    Last edited by skullsdontfade; 05-29-2010 at 08:09 AM.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast