What's protecting your EVO?

Which type of protection will you be using on your EVO? (Please answer why below).

• Total voters

akarol

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm not much of a fan of silicon, aluminum, or plastic cases as I believe that any additional bulk, is too much bulk. I have been a big fan of BodyGuardz (Palm Pre) as I find it to be clearer (less texture) than InvisiSHIELD and I went ahead and ordered it. However, reading some of the threads around here, I keep hearing InvisiSHIELD being thrown around. Why is that?

I'm contemplating going with a silicon case this time around due to the protruding camera (what a bummer huh?!). But I also though about cutting a circle from my extra BodyGuardz to cover the lens.

So go ahead and vote on what will be protecting your EVO. I know it's been discussed before, but it would be nice to get some numbers and reasons for your decisions.

Thanks in advance guys...

Last edited:

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
InvisibleSHIELD will be a must for my device. iPhone and my Bold 9700 have both had them, don't plan on changing it up. I wanna see cases first before I buy.

forrest09

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
ZAGG full body, ordered mine at 1015 last night =p have one on my hero which sadly is 34 dollars down the drain, but its awesome. i love it. as for shock resistance i will wait for hopefully an otterbox? or look at the BG one, havent seen it in person yet. im a fenatic about keeping my phone safe. gotta protect our investments! :cool:

lshelmir

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I ordered the ZAAG, got the Memorial Day special. My Aunt has it on her 3Gs, and everything feels good. I really hope that it comes on Thursday as I will be at the Shack at 6:00 am on Friday, and work all day afterwards.

dwhitman

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
I don't think the phone will fit in the dock with a case on. So i might leave it naked.

Same here; I'm planning to get the car dock, and it doesn't look like it would tolerate much of any size increase.

Plus...every protective cover/skin/etc I've looked at over the years just looked kind of tacky to me.

I don't have an expectation that my phone is going to look brand new after I've had it for 1-2 years. I know some people like that, and will then sell for a significant fraction of the original price because it's in such great shape. Me, I just want to enjoy the phone looking nice as it was designed, then replace it with something new. YMMV.

akarol

May 31, 2010
Visit site
The ZAGG shield doesn't offer protection from the camera lens though right? That's my concern.

Also, anyone have any reasons why ZAGG is better/worst than BodyGuardz? I already ordered my BodyGuardz full-body (should be here soon) but I was wondering if I should take advantage of the Memorial Day sale (50% off) going on right now before the day's over.

mikeli689

May 13, 2010
Visit site
The ZAGG shield doesn't offer protection from the camera lens though right? That's my concern.

Also, anyone have any reasons why ZAGG is better/worst than BodyGuardz? I already ordered my BodyGuardz full-body (should be here soon) but I was wondering if I should take advantage of the Memorial Day sale (50% off) going on right now before the day's over.

Maybe this is just me but...

Personally I've tried both and I prefer BodyGuardz more. First of all, I feel like there isn't as much of an orange peel affect with the BodyGuardz. Thus, the BodyGuardz protector feels alot more smoother. Second of all, BodyGuardz comes with two kits. So if you screw up putting it on the first time around, you have a second chance. Lastly, if you've ordered from BodyGuardz in the past, all your future purchases will be 20% off. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech