Palm Pre Car Charger?

Gelst

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I have the 850 ma Sprint charger with the glowing yellow Sprint thingy. It kept up with my Pre doing Navigation with the screen on the whole time and actually charging the phone while doing so. If I can do the same with the Evo, then I'll be happy. If not, time for a bigger charger.

Manny, have you run into any problems with your car charger yet ? like the ones you stated above ?

I'm worried that the sprint car charger wont be able to keep up the EVO battery on a long road trip with Navigation and who knows what else running..

Anyone tested that out yet ?

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Manny, have you run into any problems with your car charger yet ? like the ones you stated above ?

I'm worried that the sprint car charger wont be able to keep up the EVO battery on a long road trip with Navigation and who knows what else running..

i just bought the new Sprint OEM car and wall chargers specifically listed for the HTC EVO 4G. i posted the links in the other thread. they work great. check the model numbers when you buy.

IMO don't scrimp on chargers.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

I use Navigation almost every day, and using it with the charger plugged in, it charges the phone rather quickly, even with Navi on. So no, no issues with the Sprint charger.

Again, mine is 850 one that has the Sprint logo on the back and a yellow circle around it that lights up when you plug it in.

aaronpaul

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I've charged with the Pre charger in the car, the included OEM charger in the office, and a blackberry charger in the kitchen. All seem work fine.

Manufacturers and phone companies make a killing on these things. That's why they want you to think you need a new one every time you buy a new device.

Tyler Durden

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm also using my "old" Pre vehicle charger on the EVO...

the Pre vehicle charger is rated at 1amp so there's no need to worry that it's not rated for the phone.:cool:

now all I need to do is get another one CHEAP to use on my Harley!;)

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
IMO that iGo stuff is cheaply made garbage. my niece has one that keeps fraying and falling apart and cconstantly needs replaced. not to mention the contraption factor of juggling the tips. i told her to forget that garbage and always buy OEM!

hopefully now we are on a standardized microUSB charger for the forseeable future.

kd0axs

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
The Pre charger is probably the best charger I've found for the Evo. Just make sure it is model number 3453ww. Check your local Radio Shack, they have had them on clearance for $9.99. There are also some on ebay and Amazon.

F22loader

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm using my Pre wall charger and car charger for my EVO. Not one problem. The wall charger even works on my iPod. You just plug in you iPod cable and it charges away.

Not all chargers are equal. Sure, there is a standard, but some of the no-named ones barely meet the standard or they are over/under the min/max. Those are the ones that go for cheap < $10. The OEMs tell you not to use a non-OEM charger as a cover their *** - gotcha! measure. They don't have to honor a warranty if you used a Palm charger on an HTC phone. Most of them do anyways, though.

scramer

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
The Pre charger is probably the best charger I've found for the Evo. Just make sure it is model number 3453ww. Check your local Radio Shack, they have had them on clearance for $9.99. There are also some on ebay and Amazon.

This is the one that I have been using with no problems. I am also using the precharge that I had at work (I am using the EVO charger at home).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma