Which Sprint OEM Car Charger?
06-06-2010 10:33 PM
- Really don't know why your pay more at Sprint but that's your bag I guess.
I've seen a number of the "Regular" chargers in customers cars and they seem about as good as my RockitFish, i had to get that in (:, charger.
The rugged charger just looks big and bulky IMO.06-03-2010 08:27 PM
- I would personally go with that first being that it's cheaper and serves the same purpose. However I do like the look of the rugged one better. As far as the USB charger goes I was told by a RS saleschick that the EVO was different then all HTC phones. I currently have an HTC 8925(Tilt) and assumed that my current charger will work. Could someone shed some light on this. please06-03-2010 08:28 PM
- 06-03-2010 08:31 PM
- This is the charger that I have been using with my Pre. I don't see why it wouldn't work with the Evo as well...
NEW SPRINT OEM MICRO USB PALM PRE CAR CHARGER ORIGINAL - eBay (item 130397515079 end time Jun-03-10 21:22:13 PDT)06-03-2010 08:32 PM
- 06-03-2010 08:33 PM
- I would personally go with that first being that it's cheaper and serves the same purpose. However I do like the look of the rugged one better. As far as the USB charger goes I was told by a RS saleschick that the EVO was different then all HTC phones. I currently have an HTC 8925(Tilt) and assumed that my current charger will work. Could someone shed some light on this. please
HTC TyTN II - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Then go here
You can easily determine the types of connectors that are used. Obviously the Radio Shack person you spoke to has no clue what she is talking about. Luckily, thanks to the internets either of you could have easily determined that the Tilt uses mini-usb, and the Evo micro-usb.
Short answer: No, your existing charger will not work. Additionally, the Evo uses the same micro-usb cable that everyone other phone (including HTC phones) that use micro-usb. So ANY micro-usb charger will work, be it a car charger, wall charger, or cable that connects to your computer's usb port.
Lastly, a quick search on this forum would have yielded you this answer as well... ;-)06-03-2010 08:41 PM
- 06-06-2010 06:13 PM
Also, is it really ok to use any mini usb charger on any phone that uses mini usb? Are their different voltage requirements for different phones?06-06-2010 07:08 PM
- Amazon.com: OEM Rapid Car Charger with IC Chip (SPN5400) for
Works perfect, cheap, and eligible for Amazon Prime. Enjoy.06-06-2010 07:26 PM
- gksmithlcwSoftware Engineer
I'm using a 10 dollar Durabrand Micro USB charger purchased from Wal Mart when I got my Treo 800w. It charged my Evo from about 70% to full in around 30 minutes.06-06-2010 07:28 PM
- I used to have a Blackberry, and bought a generic "Verizon" branded microUSB charger for it... even though it was a Sprint BB it worked great. Figured it would work with the EVO... NOPE!. My EVO didn't even start charging, and I confirmed it worked, using a friends BB.
I dug up a generic USB car charger, plugged the USB cable provided with the EVO into it, and it worked.
So I am wondering why the "Verizon" charger didn't work with the EVO.... any clues??
Ken06-06-2010 10:33 PM
- HTC Android Phones
- More HTC Phones
- HTC EVO Series
- HTC EVO 4G
- EVO Accessories
Which Sprint OEM Car Charger?
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD