Invisibile Shield installation + Water Damage Indicator = Disaster

kellte2

May 15, 2010
Visit site
After installing my invisible shield this morning, I turned the device over to replace the batter and low and behold the darn thing is a slightly deeper pink in the corner. The indicator itself isn't totally shot, but just the corner.

Anything I can/should do, or am I just SOL?

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Beats me, but that's good to know since I have my Invisible Shield sitting on my desk waiting for the phone. I'll keep it in mind to be extra careful with the solution.

kellte2

May 15, 2010
Visit site
You can replace the battery. If the indicator in the phone isn't tripped you will be fine.

I was putting an invisible shield on the back panel first to remember how to do it properly. when i went to apply the screen shield, i had the back panel off, so it was the phone one that got tripped - down in the corner...

It isn't red though, just a slightly darker pink in the bottom right corner (must have only been a drop). On top of that, you can still see all the Xs clearly.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
how did u get water inside the phone?

Invisible Shields have a solution you use (to get out air pockets and allow the shield to "slide" around while it's wet to get it in positioned perfectly)

I assume he means he got some of the excess solution in the phone that would occur as you are "squeegeeing" the shield.

shibumi

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Water damage indicator?!?!?! WHAAAT?!!?

The phone actually has something that will indicate that it got a drop of water around the edges??

I was just getting ready to put my BodyGuardz shield on - now I'm second guessing!

Any recommendations then when apply a screen shield to avoid 'triggering' these things?

lshelmir

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Well it sounds like he had the back off the phone, a little splash would trigger the sensor. best to keep the back cover on, to protect the inners.

SilverZero

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Almost all cell phones have water damage indicators these days, so when you drop your phone in the toilet you can't just dry it out and then go in to claim it "just died" on you.

But the liquid application is exactly the reason I'd never install an InvisibleShield on my phone. I don't need to be squeegy-ing water into every port on the device. I'll get a self-adhesive protector and replace it when I need to. Worked great on my last phone for 1.5 years.

shibumi

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Interesting... I think when I installed the last one on my Pre I took the battery out but then put the cover back on. Seeing as they're installing these at the Sprint stores and BB I guess there must be a way to do it w/o triggering anything. Hopefully the cover is water tight enough to allow for a little mist on the outside. Heck, it was raining when we left the Sprint store today so it got a drop or two there! :D

Thanks for the info!

x4sper

May 7, 2010
Visit site
or you could go to best buy and ge tthe black tie protection than it doesn't matter if you ever want a new one...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair