What accesories did you buy today ?

fraz

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I do have to say that after seeing the pics, I'm digging that white case. Forgive me if someone has already answered but is the back a polished or rubberized back?

its got a patterned rough design on the back which helps griping it. After more than a day with it, Im liking it more and more. Well worth the $19 for it.

phlash

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I picked up an HTC silicone case at the store as well as a HDMI cable. FYI - I can't help it...as much as I try to do different cases, I just like a silicone case better, so I have a new unopened Seidio black case for sale....PM me if interested. Paypal only please. $30 shipped.

From the invoice:

CSR3HEV4-BK Innocase™ II Surface - Black 1 US$29.95 US$29.95

swuft

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I can't find an Evo case anywhere in the Salt Lake area to save my life. Everyone says they will have them towards the end of the month.

kashmir

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Not sure why Sprint or the designing company of the Accent Shield decided to limit it to just one color and design. This case/shied, compared to everything else launch-day-purchase available, seems the best, most secure of the bunch. Furthermore, it provides more than adequate camera protection while not interfering with the notification LED. But, only white, really. I'm hoping my case gets a little dirty, grayish tint to it over time.

mikegodzwa

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I bought the Sprint branded hard case and screen protectors. The multiple color pieces (red, blue, and gray) were a little gimmicky, but the case fits well, protects the phone and camera lens and was cheaper and better constructed than the other cases available. I'm tempted by the Accent Shield case, but I just can't do white.

Mr. Berry

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Bought the Sprint silicone gel case. Looks good but I can't stand it. Never been a case user, so I went back to a naked EVO!

kkacatin

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I bought the Sprint branded hard case and screen protectors. The multiple color pieces (red, blue, and gray) were a little gimmicky, but the case fits well, protects the phone and camera lens and was cheaper and better constructed than the other cases available. I'm tempted by the Accent Shield case, but I just can't do white.

I love the contrast of the white weaving and what I think is an aluminum trim.

It's very easy to take off when changing batteries and the trim does not interfere with the touch screen. It's as if it's not even there. I stupidly dropped my phone from my bed onto a hard wood floor and it protected the phone!

4687657746_214c6eeb34_b.jpg

drnez

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I picked up a 2 USB port car charger. Something like this:

L12456050.jpg

And order a phantomskinz screen protector. I'll probably either pickup the case that the OP has, or one of the body glove ones.

jaytank

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I just got myself a black silicone gel cover for my EVO - I think it's fine as far as the protecting goes for the camera lens, led and screen and it's not too think either so I'm happy with it for now :)

Looking for a car charger and screen protector now

bnewt

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Every single woman who bought the Evo today walked out with the White Stormtrooper "Accent shield"....lol - all of the men I talked too said it was way too "girly"..

Ok, maybe if I think "Stormtrooper" I can do it... I keep seeing John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever.

Braaainz

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
wired headphones with mic: works great and my FM reception works great. It doesn't pick up as many stations as my home or car stereos, but it pics up more than my old walkman.

replacement battery: I'm going to buy the 3500mah when it comes out, but till then, I bought a regular replacement battery. It seems to be holding a charge better than the battery that came with the phone, but i haven't used the original battery that much, so I can't really determine anything to any accuracy.

invisible screen shield: It came with one non-reflective cover and two clear covers. The clear covers look better on the phone in the house, at night, etc. In sunlight, they suck. The non-reflective cover doesn't look as snazzy... until I got out in sunlight, then it worked great. I'm sticking with the non-reflective for now (at least the summer).

home/car charger: combo charger from Sprint that can charge USB devices and the Evo at the same time. The plug can either be used in a cigarette lighter or a household outlet. I'm not impressed. You cannot talk and keep the Evo plugged in at the same time, the cable falls out too easily.

black silicone cover: dust magnet, feels "loose" on the phone. On the other hand, it was very easy to insert the phone, it's "grippy" feeling is perfect. The camera lens is recessed enough by it that I don't have to worry as much about scratches.

Macro/Wide angle Combo Lens: The reviews for this seem to be incredibly positive. I take a lot of macro shots, so I think I'm going to be pleased when it arrives. btw, the website I bought it off of is offering freeshipping and 10% off on this right now.
sprint-htc-evo-4g-macro-lens-2.jpg

Freedom Pro Folding Bluetooth Keyboard: I can't wait for this to arrive!
freedom-keyboard-m.jpg

USB female to USB-micro male converter: when this arrives, I'm going to see if the Evo can be used in host mode with other USB devices like an external harddrive, monitor, keyboard, etc. I know the droid can.
ad-usb-12-sm.jpg

fupayme

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I picked up a SWEET white snap on case & Screen Protectors !

Anyone else get the white snap on case ??

Edit, this one !

czh8520r_l.gif

That is a great cover, my wife got that one. I went with the Black Bodyglove which I liked better! Both are really nice though!!!!!!

EVO Navian

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I got the Rocketfish Universal Leather Pouch (case) at Best Buy today along with the Platinum purple case. While I liked the Platinum case & holster, I prefer a pouch storage so the case & holster are going back.

Couple of pictures, rest are here.

img0057rm.jpg

img0081aq.jpg

img0083wy.jpg

img0084yl.jpg

It's a snug fit due to the Platinum case, but without the case it fits right in. Hopefully letting it sit in the case for a couple of days it will stretch out a bit more for the Platinum case. So far I like it except the belt clip, but it will be inside my purse anyway. I got tired of having the camera lens exposed with the holster. Just like the Sprint leather evo case this has no opening for charger or headphone jack. Got it for $20.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude