Is the Evo Car Mount worth the wait?

Delta1#AC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
There is talk that there will be a dedicated Evo car mount coming in July. Is it worth waiting for?
Does anyone know how it will be different than any generic windshield mount available today?
I hear the price will be $40-$50. Kind of pricey if you have more than one car.

BTW this phone blows the iPhone out of the water IMO.

cheebahawk1

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't bother with it, I doubt that it will be any different than other car mounts and I'm sure you could find one on Amazon for like 5 bucks. Even if the "Evo Mount" has car charger built in, you can get a micro USB car charger for like 5 bucks also on Amazon :p

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I would be shocked if it had audio out, most don't (since that would require the USB to do so, or else the docking would be very awkward). I would really appreciate a dock that charges though.

VinceV

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I'd love to see the car mount give me the ability to replace my windshield mounted Garmin nuvi 765. Same size screen. I just hope the speakerphone performance is as good. Charging is a must.

Jordus

Banned
May 5, 2010
Visit site
No mount yet but i put the Evo in car mode and sat it on my dash in landscape and Google navigation rocks. I put a line in to my Evo and heard the navigational directions over the speaker.

Can't wait for a mount.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis