Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Disappointed with Seidio Innocase?

Let me start by saying I've owned an Innocase for the Curve, Storm, Tour, Eris, and Droid. Everyone of those the Innocase fit very snuggly to the phone and really felt like it was part of the phone. I've always felt okay paying the premium price for the Seidio products because of the fit and finish.

My experience with the Evo Innocase has been the opposite. It feels like they should have put more of their felt lining into the case as the Evo just doesn't fit just right in there. When you handle the case it creaks and moans like walking up old stairs. This is VERY annoying to be honest.

I know this isn't an isolated issue to just my case/phone. Not only does my case do this on my phone and my co-workers phone; but the BB Platinum PT case he bought does it on his Evo and mine. The BB Platinum case is a re-branded Seidio case.

Does anyone else feel the same way about theres?
    passionately curious

Global Posts
    2,825 Global Posts

At first I didn't like it, now I'm good with it. I like the way the case feels in my hand and how it doesn't mess up pulling the phone out of my pocket.

I do know what you're saying though, there should of been two tabs on the sides instead of one in the middle, good luck trying to get it off then I guess.
    Original Member

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts

I've never cared for any of their products honestly. Feels like they are of very low quality IMHO. Again, just my opinion.
    Thanked by:
    Cr12 
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Sikora View Post
    I've never cared for any of their products honestly. Feels like they are of very low quality IMHO. Again, just my opinion.
    I really liked the other models I've owned. This one just feels like an Ebay case because it doesn't fit to what I have come to expect from Seidio.

waiting for my Seidio to arrive, I had one on my BB Curve and it is/was great!

i have the BB one andi think its a really good fit .. its a little loose on the top but nothing to bad

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

I admit I've never had the Seidio innocase for any of my phones. Is it a hard style case or gel?

I bought the gel case at the sprint store for $12 with my premiere discount. I'm pretty happy with it so far. Seems to fit well without adding much bulk.

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts

I have no problems with my innocase II. Fits snug for me all the way around the phone. No creeks or sounds when I hold it.

Never cared for their products.. not enough to them IMO..

In my experience they are lint collectors too.

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

I also have no problems with my Innocase II. It makes no creaking noises and fits well. Other than the price, I am quite happy with it. I also purchased the Seidio screen protector. It fits perfectly and you cannot tell you are using a protector at all. Looks just like the naked screen! Very happy with it.
    Thanked by:
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by pedromartinez1983 View Post
    i have the BB one andi think its a really good fit .. its a little loose on the top but nothing to bad
    Thats exactly what I'm talking about mostly on the top. Maybe I will put some electrical tape in there.

Quote Originally Posted by optimus View Post
    I have no problems with my innocase II. Fits snug for me all the way around the phone. No creeks or sounds when I hold it.
    Top right corner there is no play at all?

I had one on my pre and it caused more damage in the two weeks that I used it than 8 months going naked. Just my Opinion.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Ok so I spent 5 minutes with 8 small pieces of electrical tape. I put the tape in the corners of the inside of the case and it completely removed all wiggle and play from the case.

Recommend this to anyone that has the play in the case.

Quote Originally Posted by lembowski View Post
    Ok so I spent 5 minutes with 8 small pieces of electrical tape. I put the tape in the corners of the inside of the case and it completely removed all wiggle and play from the case.

Recommend this to anyone that has the play in the case.
    A full-body shield may do this as well. When I get mine in I will see..

I had Seido products before too and I wasn't that impressed for the money, considering it has to be removed quite often to clean underneath it along the edges of the phone. Otherwise the dirt and grime will mark up your phone's finish, defeating the purpose no?

The felt on the inside is a nice touch, but agreed it should have 100% covered the inside of the case.

I got best buy to match the $20 off radioshack deal, so it only cost me $15 for the case w/ the holster. I would not pay more for it....

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

My innocase fits perfect. I had one on my pre and my pre is still in mint condition. I like tthe 2 piece design. Easier to remove to change battery than snap on pre case.

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts

I have always loved their products and never had a bad one. I ordered mine on 5-25 and it shows shipped on 5-28 but I have not got it. when where did you guys order yours? I ordered from seido online.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Quote Originally Posted by buggyman View Post
    I have always loved their products and never had a bad one. I ordered mine on 5-25 and it shows shipped on 5-28 but I have not got it. when where did you guys order yours? I ordered from seido online.
    I ordered it on the 25th from Seidio directly and got it yesterday.

Don't get me wrong I love the case for my Evo now.....since I put the tape on the inside to make the fit tighter.

Not bashing Seidio, just wondering if anyone else was having a loose feeling to their case. I fixed it, after thinking what I did to my old BB Storms battery door lol.

Mines snug.
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,047 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Sikora View Post
    I like the feel, but I sent my bb 8330 case back numerous times because the corners would never clip right.
    passionately curious

Global Posts
    2,825 Global Posts

I had to pull my battery twice today to restart my phone (unrelated) however it seems the more you take this case off the worse it gets.

I'm probably going to replace it with the body glove case, for this much money plus shipping this case just isn't worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by lembowski
    Thats exactly what I'm talking about mostly on the top. Maybe I will put some electrical tape in there.

Top right corner there is no play at all?
    Hello! Thank you for the comments, the looseness definitely is not normal and we would like to help! Please PM us your order information and we will be more than happy to see what we can do for you!

Regards,
    SEIDIO
    forum@seidio.com

Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google+ for special savings and new product updates!

Global Posts
    1,438 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

It's nice when company reps patrol forums and provide assistance and information.
    "The OnePlus One is such a big black slab of power that if you dropped it down in the middle of a pack of monkeys, they'd start using weapons." - Dirk Belligerent.
    Devices: 64GB OnePlus One, 32GB Nexus 5, 16GB Nexus 7 (2013), 16GB Nexus 4, ASUS Transformer TF101, Kindle Fire, HP TouchPad (CM7)
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Hello! Thank you for the comments, the looseness definitely is not normal and we would like to help! Please PM us your order information and we will be more than happy to see what we can do for you!

Regards,
    Thanks Seidio, since putting the tape in there it fits amazing and has the feel that I expect from owning your cases before. It just seemed like the case was just very slightly too big for the phone.

Cool

Couldn't be happier with mine. Only hint of looseness is right near the volume rocker

I am glad I didn't buy one then . I got my case from bbq'd and its like the seido but cheaper
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast