Extended Battery Options

antianalog

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
I have not experienced an Amzer bettery but reviews from other Amzer batteries on Amazon claim they do not offer what you might expect.

xorg

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
I'd be suspect of battery claims in the same original form factor. I did get a physically larger battery for my Pre (Mugen) and it definitely had double the battery life.

I'd accept that a physically larger battery would give more juice but would want to see thorough tests for aftermarket batteries same physical size as original.

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I'd be suspect of battery claims in the same original form factor. I did get a physically larger battery for my Pre (Mugen) and it definitely had double the battery life.

I'd accept that a physically larger battery would give more juice but would want to see thorough tests for aftermarket batteries same physical size as
original.

He tested the larger form factor batteries. They had more power than the OEM batteries but they still were short of their advertised rating.

Alchematron

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
HyperMac External Battery for EVO?

Since I work out of my car all day, I plan to buy the HyperMac Mini external battery to power my EVO.

I will be primarily running the 4G hotspot function to keep my iPad connected to the net.

The battery is rated 7200 mAh and will charge a iPhone 6X.

Apparently you will need a micro USB to USB cable to connect the EVO to the battery.

Anyone plan to do the same?

Website
HyperShop - The Official Online Store for HyperMac + HyperDrive

Chevalier

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Why wouldn't we?

One man testing one of each battery using methods I've seen called into question multiple times across my information hunting vs. legions of people who will tell you that they saw an easily demonstrable (through careful observation of their daily use patterns and energy levels) performance increase from their batteries (I'm speaking mostly of 1750mAh users across multiple handsets) that "purchase justification" can't explain away. Yes they are 3rd party products and of course there are duds in any product line, but it's going to take much more than that guy to convince me that Seidio (have not actually heard many good things about Mugen) batteries can't do close to what they claim to. Or at least a much more rigorous series of tests using a large enough sample of each battery to get an acceptable average baseline capacity for each model that can be compared to the others for a more convincing conclusion.

I'm not saying it's wrong to be skeptical, and I'm not saying that an anecdote outweighs testing, but in this case it's well over 100 different anecdotes (that I've personally seen) vs. one man's uncontested testing methods.

dwightshrute

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Since I work out of my car all day, I plan to buy the HyperMac Mini external battery to power my EVO.

I will be primarily running the 4G hotspot function to keep my iPad connected to the net.

The battery is rated 7200 mAh and will charge a iPhone 6X.

Apparently you will need a micro USB to USB cable to connect the EVO to the battery.

Anyone plan to do the same?

Website
HyperShop - The Official Online Store for HyperMac + HyperDrive

If you work out of your car all day, why not just use a car charger instead of spending $100 on this thing? Are you going to carry this around with you outside of your car or what? Educate me please b/c i'm confused, thanks!

Alchematron

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
If you work out of your car all day, why not just use a car charger instead of spending $100 on this thing? Are you going to carry this around with you outside of your car or what? Educate me please b/c i'm confused, thanks!

A lot of my time in the car is spent sitting and not driving.

From my experience with a Griffin iPhone car charger, the phone will not charge unless the car motor is running and it takes about a hour for one full charge. Not very efficient.

I hope to eventually report back with a real world review using the EVO, HyperMac Battery, and iPad all day on the go.

FearFormsFunction

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Any thoughts on THIS battery?

2ia62ps.jpg

I read that it might require an aftermarket battery door, but it should get you through the day with heavy/spotty 4G usage. It was also designed to match the EVO's color scheme.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae