Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Did you buy a case?

There have been several posts and threads about users dropping their new EVO's that did not have cases.

Did you buy a case and if so which one?

If not, why not?

Have you dropped your EVO? Did the case help?

Which case is the thinnest?

Did you buy from AndroidCentral?

Global Posts
    578 Global Posts

Did you buy a case and if so which one? - Yes, the white one the Sprint Store sells.

Have you dropped your EVO? - Not Yet.

Which case is the thinnest? - Seidio / Platinum case is supposedly the thinnest

Did you buy from AndroidCentral? - Nope, straight from the sprint store for $15

Yes - Gel skin from Sprint
    Yes
    Seidio/Platinum Case
    No

Black silicone case from the Sprint Store.
    Haven't dropped it. (knock on wood)

ROM

Did you buy a case and if so which one? - No Not yet...

Have you dropped your EVO? - NO!

Which case is the thinnest? - Seidio / Platinum

Did you buy from AndroidCentral? - Nope But i might...
    Arrogant Linux Elitist

I bought the HTC leather slip case from Sprint when I picked up the phone.

No dropping yet.

I will look into a skin/beltclip after more products are developed.
    I really liked my Seideo Treo 755 skin. It was very thin.

mark.

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

I bought the from Radio Shack with the $20 credit because, well, I had to use the credit then and there so it was only $5. I wanted a holster anyway for wearing the phone to work and when I'm out in the field doing work, and I actually like it quite a bit. It's not made specifically for the EVO and it is a bit snug on the phone, but I'd rather not have to worry about the phone possibly falling out.

I also have a boxwave anti-glare screen protector on order, mainly to help with fingerprints more so then glare. I had one of my old original iPhone and liked it for that purpose, so I thought I'd try it on the EVO.

No dropping of the EVO yet.

My Evo is still naked! I keep it in my pocket with no worries.
    Had the Pre the same way for a year and it had no problems!

Global Posts
    355 Global Posts

Did I buy a case: Yes, the Seidio Innocase II. Love it.
    Dropped: Kind of; a 2" drop to a table flat on it's face counts, and there was no damage. I think the Innocase II helped, even in that small fall.
    I bought mine at BBY when I bought the phone.
    I don't know which case is thinnest, but this one is pretty darned thin.

I got the platinum one from best buy. Have not dropped yet. This case is pretty slim with a nice look and feel.

Did you buy a case and if so which one? Yes, Platinum case & holster from Besy Buy.

Have you dropped your EVO? Did the case help? Yes, cat knocked it off the damn bed several times already (he smacks it when the messenger sound goes off). And we have hardwood floors. Yes, case helped no noticeable damage, scratches or looseness.

Which case is the thinnest? I'd say the Platinum is pretty slim, doesn't add noticeable bulk to me.

I'm wondering if we can update this to talk about which cases protect the camera lens (keep it off of the table).

Did you buy a case and if so which one? Body Glove

If not, why not? n/a

Have you dropped your EVO? Did the case help? No to both. Has non-slip grey rubber on back that almost feels like fabric. The pics lead you to believe its a "tough-guy" rugged look, but once on the phone, its far from it.

Which case is the thinnest? Body Glove, it feels like the phone itself

Did you buy from AndroidCentral? Sprint

Hope this helps

+1 Body Glove

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZero View Post
    I'm wondering if we can update this to talk about which cases protect the camera lens (keep it off of the table).

No case - it's big enough as is and it seems pretty robust. I *might* put a Zagg or similar on the back, but that would be all.
    Treo 650> Moto Q> Moto Q9c> BB Storm> HTC Touch Pro> iPhone 3G> Palm Pre> iPhone 3GS> Droid> Incredible> EVO 4G

No case yet...Dropped it when at the gym on the Elliptical machine :O It bounced off the machine a couple times and then slid down the floor a couple feet...I was freaking out, but then to my surprise there wasn't even a bump or scratch on it!

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    cyanogen_speedy-toastcfh

My EVO is uncovered I don't like having anything on my devices. I perched a Mybat case from a local phone cases store the case is a horizontal case made of leather it is sold in the store as an HD2 case but fits the EVO perfectly
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Did you buy a case and if so which one? Nope.

If not, why not? I check Sena's website twice a day, and they have not released an EVO Ultra Slim Pouch yet

Have you dropped your EVO? Did the case help? Almost. I performed quite the acrobatic moves & almost fell down in my successful attempt to stop it.

Which case is the thinnest? Sena Ultra Slim Pouch.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

So it sounds like the thinnest is the Seidio Platinum?

Thanks everyone!

Yes. Bought it from Sprint. 25.00. It's only temporary, until Seidio releases their Innocell 3500mAh Extended Battery and also have a case that can go with that and their back replacement door. However, I'm quite happy with this case. =]
    Device: Sprint CDMA HTC EVO 4G ♥
    Root Status: Toasty's Full Root ♥
    ROM: DamageControl v3.0 ♥
    Recovery: Amon RA ♥
    SD Card: 16GB ♥
    Apps: Clicky

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Streater View Post
    Did you buy a case and if so which one? Nope.

If not, why not? I check Sena's website twice a day, and they have not released an EVO Ultra Slim Pouch yet

Have you dropped your EVO? Did the case help? Almost. I performed quite the acrobatic moves & almost fell down in my successful attempt to stop it.

Which case is the thinnest? Sena Ultra Slim Pouch.
    I bought the HD2 Ultra Slim pouch from Sena for my Evo. I knew that there was a small size difference but took the chance anyway. I even went to a local Best Buy before the phone was released to see if it would fit. When we put the sample phone in the case, it was hard to put in and take out. In fact, the sales associate was starting to get nervous about me actually being able to get the phone out.

After having the phone for a week, the case has loosened up and the phone slides in and out nicely. The only problem is that the pouch, for whatever reason, does not encase the top 3 mm of the phone.
    Bic

I like the simple silicon cases -- many available on ebay for $5 & free shipping. for example:

I bought the white case from sprint. It seems like I get less cell reception when it's on. I don't know. Maybe its just me. I'm thinking about getting a skin instead.

Just bout the limited edition innocase. gonna add some bulk but the protection looks nice. I hate putting cases on my phone. I did the screen protector with my pre but after handling it for awhile the phone feels like its gonna slip out of my hands. It's so slick on the sides. This case provides rubber to really protect it and make it stay in my hand more often.

The case shouldnt just help the fall it should prevent it as well. This one looks like it does that. Hopefully i find out on the 17th when it comes in.

it was reviewed on this forum as well. good pictures here...

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...d-edition.html
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast