Why no desk cradle or Car mount???

Bigtuna00

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Because the EVO was not released to accessory manufacturers prior to the launch.

You could contact the manufacturers yourself to find out, instead of complaining about it :)

Bigtuna00

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
There's a generic mount or two out there, but nothing specific to the EVO yet. I'm personally waiting for ProClip to update as I already have their car mount for my Pre but when I contacted them they couldn't give me a date :(

gksmithlcw

Software Engineer
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
There's a generic mount or two out there, but nothing specific to the EVO yet. I'm personally waiting for ProClip to update as I already have their car mount for my Pre but when I contacted them they couldn't give me a date :(

Get ProClip's adjustable iPhone mount. It works quite well and will accommodate cases.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah kind of sucks you can't get a desk top station or a car kit.... Rumor is late July... Seidio says they don't have a date for the release of their car kit or desk top charger. They had to have given the accessory guys something as Best Buy had plenty of cases and the Sprint store had the Body Glove cases on Launch day. Heck I got my Zagg Skin a full week before the launch since I had a 50% off "Coupon" for their site. As for the Nexus One the desk top charger didn't come out until almost 2 months after the phone and the Car Kit didn't come out until almost 4 months after the phone was released...

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Just some thing about this particular dock I don't like.... The Nexus One Dock and Car Kit were form fitted for the N1... This dock looks like if you grabbed at your EVO the wrong way it would snap off the micro USB in the phone....

I kind of want the dock and car kit to be like the N1 kits... Where it's form fitted to support the device while it's resting in it's spot...... Thats just me....

deparson

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
I have the compact desktop charger on its way from Sadieo. It looks simple and does not have the HDMI out. Will let you know how it is when it comes.

Yeah kind of sucks you can't get a desk top station or a car kit.... Rumor is late July... Seidio says they don't have a date for the release of their car kit or desk top charger. They had to have given the accessory guys something as Best Buy had plenty of cases and the Sprint store had the Body Glove cases on Launch day. Heck I got my Zagg Skin a full week before the launch since I had a 50% off "Coupon" for their site. As for the Nexus One the desk top charger didn't come out until almost 2 months after the phone and the Car Kit didn't come out until almost 4 months after the phone was released...

Ramer84015

May 15, 2010
Visit site

I got a generic mount at Best Buy, used a tremmel to enlarge the screw holes on my ProClip mount that I had for my Pre, and it's working perfectly.

Gelst

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
The proclip looks like it blocks vents in the car. here in Texas I need all the ac my car can push out. I've been on the hunt for a windshield mounted car kit. It's looking like I'm gonna have buy a generic one. going on a long trip in July and I wanted to use the Seidio car kit cause they are so dang awesome.

Chris5#WN

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering this too since BB and RS have nothing yet in the sense of goodies for the EVO - when will we start seeing accessories pop up in stores?

Also why does everyone want a desktop cradle, just use the kickstand, isn't that the point, and from what I think it was made for propping it on its side to avoid laying it on the camera

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I was wondering this too since BB and RS have nothing yet in the sense of goodies for the EVO - when will we start seeing accessories pop up in stores?

Also why does everyone want a desktop cradle, just use the kickstand, isn't that the point, and from what I think it was made for propping it on its side to avoid laying it on the camera

I like the cradle, no looking for the USB cable and plugging it in, just drop it in the cradle and it's charging.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007