Review: Seidio Ultimate Screen Guard

kd0axs

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
Nice review! Glad to hear you like it because I just ordered their rugged case combo that comes with this screen protector.

ecaggiani

Feb 18, 2010
www.zazzle.com
Yeah it's not as good as the naked screen but it's the closest I've seen so far.

--------
Sent from my HTC Evo 'cause it WAS the droid I was looking for.

ecaggiani

Feb 18, 2010
www.zazzle.com
caggi - i did a quick scan of your review but missed how the sheet adheres to the screen. how does it?

It just sticks on naturally. I'm guessing static cling or just the normal tackiness of the plastic it's made of. Works great and can be removed and reapplied fairly easily.

--------

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Did I miss something. Where is the cut out for the front camera and the two led front lights. The screen protector looks like it covers it up. Could be a big mistake by Seidio. Are there cut outs for these areas. Here is an example. Go to this page at Boxwave and see how they had the screen protector cut. Both areas are left cut out.

EVO 4G Screen Protector / HTC EVO 4G Screen Protector / EVO 4G Invisible Screen Cover / HTC EVO 4G Screen Cover / EVO 4G Screen Film - ClearTouch Crystal

I am not promoting Boxwave, I am just using them as an example.

Good review, but no cutouts could be a killer. It could cause a reflection to the front camera, etc.

ecaggiani

Feb 18, 2010
www.zazzle.com
Did I miss something. Where is the cut out for the front camera and the two led front lights. The screen protector looks like it covers it up. Could be a big mistake by Seidio. Are there cut outs for these areas.

No, you are correct that the front camera is not cut out on this screen protector. But I have already done video calls on it with no problem. The LEDs on the phone are behind the ear grill and that part is not covered by the screen protector.

--------

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
No, you are correct that the front camera is not cut out on this screen protector. But I have already done video calls on it with no problem. The LEDs on the phone are behind the ear grill and that part is not covered by the screen protector.

--------

What are the two lights under the area where the LED is. They are on the left side, opposite from the camera. On the boxwave it is cut out there, but I am unsure what those two lights are and why boxwave let them cut out.

kd0axs

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
What are the two lights under the area where the LED is. They are on the left side, opposite from the camera. On the boxwave it is cut out there, but I am unsure what those two lights are and why boxwave let them cut out.

Those are the light sensor and the proximity sensor.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I had them I my pre and they last along time, I think the last one lasted longer than the Pre. I kept moving it from Pre to Pre. I just used a sheet off of a lint roller that I would stick the guard to while I waited for the new device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital