Which revision is your Seidio Innocase II?

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I just received mine last Saturday and on the back (when installed on the phone) it says "REV4" under the word "Seidio"

I must say I am 100% happy with this thing. Solid as a rock, easy to put on and take off, no squeaking no nothing. I did notice that the inside of the case has same coating as the outside, is that how all the squeaky ones were too?

I had the Body Glove case before this one, and what a piece of crap that thing is compared to the Innocase! Good job Seidio. The thing feels amazing in your hand, I really like the texture.

Now if Seidio could just hurry up and start shipping the matching horizontal leather case for it!

frettfreak

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Report back in a few days if you dont mind and let me know if the case "loosened" up at all please. I bought the re-branded Seidio case from bestbuy (same as the innocase, just with a BB label) and 3-5 days after i had it on it creaks and is considerably looser than when i bought it (which is what is going to make me take it back).

Wondering if this "rev4" is any better...

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I had it since Saturday and have taken it off and put it back on at least once a day so far. So far so good.

The only play I can find is when you put your finger at the top of the phone, and your thumb at the bottom of the phone and squeeze together, there is a little bit of give there which is to be expected, that's a tiny bit of play from the latching mechanism that keeps the two parts together.

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I just received mine last Saturday and on the back (when installed on the phone) it says "REV4" under the word "Seidio"

I must say I am 100% happy with this thing. Solid as a rock, easy to put on and take off, no squeaking no nothing. I did notice that the inside of the case has same coating as the outside, is that how all the squeaky ones were too?

I had the Body Glove case before this one, and what a piece of crap that thing is compared to the Innocase! Good job Seidio. The thing feels amazing in your hand, I really like the texture.

Now if Seidio could just hurry up and start shipping the matching horizontal leather case for it!

Get the HTC Horizontal Leather case from Sprint. The Seidio Case fits fine in it. You do have to stretch it a little for less than a day, but it has been fine ever since. Plus, if you a premier customer, you get 25% off if you buy at the Sprint store.

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
By the way, I have the old version and the new version and both have REV 4 under the Seidio. So I really don't think that means anything. I really don't think they had 4 different versions of this case for the EVO. Either way, both cases I have are different, but with the same version.

Actually, the new one says HEV4, but it must be REV4.

Last edited:

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I had the Seidio leather case for the Pre, and it is an excellent piece with the perfect fit, a very strong belt clip and a strong magnet to keep things secure, I definitely want that thing for my Evo. I currently have a Body Glove leather case that's a bit flimsy and also needed stretching, so for the time being I am content with it especially since I can use the headphone jack of the Evo with it inside the case, I don't think you can do that with the HTC one, but I am not sure. I am definitely waiting for Seidio for them to come out with their version.

Hurleygm

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Is the Innocase smooth? I dont like the rubberized cases because its harder to slide in and out of my pocket... any ideas?

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I never used the Seidio leather case. The HTC case is good, but its sides are closed. It doesn't have the openings on the side like the Seidio does. Seidio's, because of the opening, has access to the headphone jack and the HTC case doesn't. But doesn't that also make it less protective than the HTC case, because more is left open?

hammersfd#WN

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
It says "HEV4" under SEIDIO on the back. It is the model of the case, short for HTC Evo 4G. The palm pre one say "PMPRE" under SEIDIO. It has nothing to do with the revision

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
LOL, you're right...it does say HEV4...wow, I am getting old....

And while the back is rubberized, it is smooth and grippy at the same time. It's not super slick at all, it has a great feel in your hand but you will never get the impression that you're handling a bar of soap like it was with the Palm Pre. It's the best of both worlds, totally love it. You will not have any problems getting this thing in and out of your pocket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo