Amzer/ Fommy Case and Screen Protector Review

barrysanders20

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Screen Protector:

I had ordered the Amzer silicon jelly case and super clear screen protector. After taking almost two weeks to arrive, it's finally here. I installed the screen protector first. The screen protector is one of the basic sticky side down types. I prefer these over the liquid based applicator kinds. Also, the protector does not have any cutouts for the camera or sensors. The screen protector only covers the glass and does not protect the sides or back. I wrapped my fingertips with scotch tape to prevent fingerprints. The installation was painless and easy. Nearly flawless. The screen is extremely clear and you can't really tell there's a protector on there. The protector doesn't get in the way of navigation or hinder the sensors.

The Case:

The case is a standard rubber case that wraps around the phone. The left and right sides of the case of case are textured and helps with gripping the phone. There are no cuts for the power or volume buttons. There are cutouts for the ports, headphone jack, camera, and kickstand. Depending on the size of the plastic/rubber around the tip of your micro USB cable, you may have to lift up on the case to plug in the charging sync cable. Overall, I like it. Pics are below.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

Nic

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
I never thought of using scotch tape when installing a screen protector. Great idea! Never fun when you think you've properly installed the protector, only to find out theres a finger print somewhere.

barrysanders20

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I learned the scotch tape trick a few years back reading a forum. It's the easiest way to prevent your fingers from putting prints or dust on the screen.

chaosrecords

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I learned the scotch tape trick a few years back reading a forum. It's the easiest way to prevent your fingers from putting prints or dust on the screen.

That trick does work!

However another one i use more frequently is to take dawn dish soap and water in a small dish to "lube" my fingers with when applying more complex applications like curves and seams