Don't buy Clarivue protector

gnehc

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I got a defective cover from them. It has a tiny black dust embedded in the plastic protector with many tiny air bubbles around it. I could see all this with a magnifying glass. They ask me to take a picture, WTF?? I send it back and ask for a refund. I didn't like the protector, it cut off too much light from the screen. This is what I got for a reply.:mad:

Hello,

Thank you for writing to us.

We have received the returned item and there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with it. Bubbles are the results of dust underneath the screen protector, so the screen must be cleaned throughly when applying. We won't be able to offer a refund on used screen protectors.

Richard_Danger

May 16, 2010
www.twitter.com
That sucks you had a problem, but I have one of these screen protectors and it doesn't cut off much light. If it werent for the camera and sensor cut outs, I wouldnt even know its there. Try being extremely careful and patient when putting it on.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Cleaned up a couple unnecessary postings. Please remember the rules here at Android Central, specifically:

Respect others - Be courteous to other forum members regardless of their age/race/sexual preference/etc. Be tolerant of those who disagree with your opinion and discuss differences in a constructive manner. Personal attacks will not be tolerated.

Torx

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
i have no problems with my clear clarivue.
the only "black dust" embedded is the very few dust particles UNDER the screen from installation.. this is NOT a product defect.

gnehc

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
We can go back and forth about the defect. As I stated, I looked closely with a 10x loop, I showed it to other people and they agree. It's a embedded dust with tiny air bubbles around it. Clearly a manulfacture defect. They offer no exchange or refund. Buyer beware.

wrecklass

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
scotch tape is great for getting the dust that happens to find its way onto your screen while youre installing the screen protector

Could you clarify (no pun intended) what you mean. How do you remove dust from the screen after installing the protector?

--
Sent from my EVO 4G with Tapatalk

gnehc

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
And don't forget to use your credit card to eliminate those ugly bubbles!

OK, I guess I was not clear about the bubbles. The bubble are in the platic. This I know for sure because i removed the plastic cover from the phone. Then i look at it closely with a 10X loop. I see many tiny bubbles around the drak particle. Air bubbles you are talking is between the plastic and the screen, you can only see when the cover is on the screen, if you lift off the screen the bubbles should be gone. Hope this is clear. I just don't see how one can cause bubbles with dust when the protector is not on the screen, one should only see dust but no bubbles when the protector is off the screen of the phone.

Writermind

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Never used Clarivue, but there are people on this board who swear by it.

Me personally, I prefer ZAGG over just about every other cover.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar