Seidio Innotraveler Car Kit for Evo - PICS/Detail

rEVOdrive

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone, just checked the seidio.com website to once again check the status of the Innotraveler Car Kit for the EVO 4G and it states that it will support landscape viewing. Take a look at the description below directly from the website.

This product is not compatible with the Innocase Active or the Innocase Rugged and we cannot guarantee fit with other manufacturer's products.

Keep your hands on the wheel and stay productive with our convenient Innotraveler Car Kit. This model keeps your EVO 4G charged and ready to go and even works with our Innocase II Surface, Innocell 3500mAh Extended Life Battery and Innocase Extended. The Innotraveler Car Kit includes a cradle, windshield mount, and car charger.

Cradle:
- Charges and securely holds your EVO 4G in portrait mode
- Swivel into landscape mode for wider map viewing
- Features our signature soft touch coating for a smooth feel
- Removable accessory plate for use with our Innocase II Surface, Innocell 3500mAh Extended Life Battery and Innocase Extended
- Charge external devices or accessories with the Mini-USB output and optional Mini-USB (M) to USB (F) adapter

Mount:
- High quality German mount
- Features a large suction cup with a suction lock for extra security
- Has a ball joint that allows for multiple viewing angles
- Extends from 5.25 inches to 6.75 inches
- Stabilizes vibrations caused by moving vehicles
- Comes with an industry standard locking plate that is AMPS pattern compatible and a self-adhesive plate for mounting on your dashboard

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Just received my Innotraveler Car Kit from Seidio today. :) I'm still at work, so I haven't actually tested it out yet. I just tried sliding my Evo (with Seidio's 3500 extended battery) and it fits just fine. Can't wait to drive home and test it out. I'll post my review and some pics later today.

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, didn't get to play around with it much today, but I did use it on my way from work and so far so good.
* I can connect and disconnect my Evo from the holder with one hand just fine.
* The Evo gets really snugged in the holder, so I'm not worried about it sliding out from the holder when it's in landscape mode.
* Extending the mount was a little tough. I thought I was going to break it because I didn't know if I was doing it right. There were no instructions on how to extend it.
* The screen was pretty stable on bumpy roads, unlike the car mount I got from the Sprint Store.

I'll play it with some more tomorrow and provide a little more feedback. In the meantime, here's a pic of it in landscape mode.

BTW, my Evo in the pic is equipped with Seidio's 3500 extended battery, but no case.

4991979225_089370a67e_b.jpg

hawkman610

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I got mine yesterday also. Does anyone know how to get the car panel to load automatically? I set the option for it, but when I put it in the dock, it doesn't load unless I go into the menu and select it.

And the EVO fits perfectly.

fred72matt

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Just got mine this morning, fits perfectly with the innocase on my phone. Havent put it in the car yet but immediately went into car mode when i put it in the cradle. The fact that I dont have to remove my case like the sprint cradle is great. Will post pictures when i mount it in my truck.

fred72matt

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
And for those wondering, it swivels 360 degrees so you die-hard landscapers will be fine. Unless you flip it upside down the phone isnt going anywhere

Sambo41

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I got mine yesterday also. Does anyone know how to get the car panel to load automatically? I set the option for it, but when I put it in the dock, it doesn't load unless I go into the menu and select it.

And the EVO fits perfectly.

I really like this car kit but my EVO didn't automatically load the car panel either when I put my phone in the mount, and I have the option set to do so.

--UPDATE--
I just had a chat with Seidio Tech support. They said that the car kit wasn't designed to activate the Car Panel. So I'll have to start it manually. :(

Last edited:

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I really like this car kit but my EVO didn't automatically load the car panel either when I put my phone in the mount, and I have the option set to do so.

--UPDATE--
I just had a chat with Seidio Tech support. They said that the car kit wasn't designed to activate the Car Panel. So I'll have to start it manually. :(

Thanks for the update, Sambo. I've been wondering this myself since it wasn't launching the Car Panel for me either.

So is fred72matt full of it when he said his one went into car mode? :p

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
You can use programs like Tasker or Locale to set it up that when you EVO is docked, it will launch car panel and then when it is taken out of the dock, car panel would shut off. I use Tasker and use it to set up tasks just like this.

Here is the AppBrain link:

Tasker - Android app on AppBrain

bznupe25

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
seidio innotraveller car kit for evo

I got the seidio car kit 2 weeks ago. It does work vertically and horizontally, ball joint swivels. Very sturdy, no movement while driving. It can be used with my innocase still on, and if you have the extended life battery. It does not, however, automatically change to car mode when you mount the phone. I had the one from Sprint first, and it did change to car mode. However, you cannot use any kind of case with it. Hated constantly removing my innocase everytime so I returned it for the Seidio model. Does anyone know how to get the Seidio car kit to automatically go into car mode?

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Do you have bluetooth in your car? If so, you can get car mode to automatically launch by doing the following:

1) Install the new Car Home app that can be found here.
2) Launch the Car Panel app and select "Car Home" as default.
3) Select the "Settings" button.
4) Select "Bluetooth starts Car Home"
5) Make sure Bluetooth is turned ON (checked).
6) Under "Start Car Home connect with", select the bluetooth device that you use in your car.
7) Exit out of the Car Home app.
8) Now go in your car, turn on the bluetooth device, and the Car Home app should automatically launch.

Works for me. :)