Seidio Innotraveler Car Kit for Evo - PICS/Detail

Straykat

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I just noticed the image change at

seidioonline.com

For the Innotraveler Car Kit for EVO.
A photo is available of the car kit with the disclaimer:

"Pictures depicted are not an actual representation of the product and are for illustration purposes only; actual products may vary. Device is not included."

But what troubles me is the description of the device has changed from:
- Charges and securely holds your HTC EVO 4G horizontally
to
- Charges and securely holds your HTC EVO 4G vertically

Wait wut? NOOOOO!!!!!!

Link:
Innotraveler Car Kit For use with HTC EVO 4G

CRCG17HEV4-2.jpg

Last edited:

rockcrawler

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
Oh noooooz

I have been anxiously awaiting this car kit and I must say that I will be extremely disappointed if this will not work horizontally.

I was about to post this find as well and notice you had already started a thread. Good looking out :D

pingpongboss

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Uh oh.

I DID see a Seidio rep mention in another thread that there were engineering difficulties getting the dock to work in the horizontal orientation. It was because the Evo has the USB port on the bottom of the device or something.

pingpongboss

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I think you guys missed this part, " Has a ball joint that allows for multiple viewing angles".

Yes, but looking at the design of the dock, it seems like the Evo is held in place by gravity. If you tilt it to the side, it may slip out of the dock.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
that would almost make the dock useless. or at least not useful for navigation, which would be the main purpose of a car dock.

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
that would almost make the dock useless. or at least not useful for navigation, which would be the main purpose of a car dock.

Navigation works just fine in portrait mode. I've been using it that way for the last month, so you can't hardly call it "useless" though I think most of us wanted landscape.

EVOLICIOUS

May 23, 2010
Visit site
NO NO NO!!! THIS IS NOT WHAT I BEEN WAITING FOR!! my blackberry mount is universal and fits the evo perfect with both usb and hdmi ports exposed i will see if i can find the brand an post it for everyone , and it swivels

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Navigation works just fine in portrait mode. I've been using it that way for the last month, so you can't hardly call it "useless" though I think most of us wanted landscape.

It would obstruct your view less in landscape mode. In busy Chicago traffic you need all the view you can get. lol

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Honestly, why is horizontal better for navigation? I have 2 stand alone GPS units, as well as the EVO, and the extra width is useless. I don't care what's way to the side of my path, I care about what's in front of my path. I've used my Evo in both horizontal and vertical, and vertical works just fine, honest.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, why is horizontal better for navigation? I have 2 stand alone GPS units, as well as the EVO, and the extra width is useless. I don't care what's way to the side of my path, I care about what's in front of my path. I've used my Evo in both horizontal and vertical, and vertical works just fine, honest.

It's probably just preference... Personally I have used a Garmin with a 4.3 inch screen and it's set up in the landscape mode so WHEN a good car kit hits the market for the EVO I would rather it be horizontal vs vertical... Never really thought much to what is side to side vs in front of you... I travel for a living but after 2+ years in my territory I know where I am going... More often than not the only real time I use my GPS is for time between destinations and if there is a wreck or some thing I try to look at side streets to see if I can get around easier than just sitting there (The Traffic update feature is not always accurate on the Garmin)

That being said I purchased a universal mount for my EVO and have used the navigation in both Vertical and Horizontal and there is little difference.. I just hate the universal mounts... I want a car kit made just for the phone... Still can't believe there is nothing on the market yet.... Amazing...

brichter45

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Cradle:

- Charges and securely holds your HTC EVO 4G vertically
- Features our signature soft touch coating for a smooth feel
- Removable accessory plate for use with our Innocases
- Compatible with our Innocell 3500mAh Extended Life Battery
- Charge external devices or accessories with the Mini-USB output and optional Mini-USB (M) to USB (F) adapter

Mount:

- High quality German mount
- Features a large suction cup with a suction lock for extra security
- Has a ball joint that allows for multiple viewing angles
- Stabilizes vibrations caused by moving vehicles
- Comes with an industry standard locking plate that is AMPS pattern compatible and a self-adhesive plate for mounting on your dashboard

Straykat

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
As mentioned the landscape profile is a preference thing, true. I'm partial to landscape for navigation, music playing, movie watching (for passengers of course). Additionally, overall less driving view obscured horizontal vs vertical from dash mount.

Waited a long time for an Evo specific mount similar to the moto Droid one
CK17MTDDC03-2T.jpg

Shame. Well, the HTC EVO mount should be out soon. I'll keep an eye on that one. :mad:
Hopefully follows this pattern:

htc-hd2-cu-s400-car-mount.jpg

car.jpg

Last edited:

Crucial#AC

May 23, 2010
Visit site
yeah call me crazy but, if i cant mount this thing in landscape i dont want it .. maybe find a HD2 mount and mod it but then i loose my Innocase..

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
It would obstruct your view less in landscape mode. In busy Chicago traffic you need all the view you can get. lol

I live in Houston and I doubt Chicago traffic is any worse/more than here. I'd prefer landscape but portrait works fine.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4g

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
The universal mount works perfectly well for me. 20 bones at Radio Shack. Get yourself a good charger and keep the phone plugged in and you're good to go. I got myself two of them, one for my car, one for my truck.

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site

I prefer portrait myself.

4716008648_20d1d8d645_b.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36