1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Be careful when applying Phantomskinz on EVO!! - water damage sticker on the bottom

So after a long while of having no screen protector I decided to put one on since it came with the purchase of my phantomskinz body armor. If you guys didn't know, you need to soak the protector in warm soapy water and then put the protector on the phone and use the included plastic card to squeeze out excess bubble and water. So after several attempts of squeezing the water out using the included card in the kit, I did not realize that that small amount of water had managed to sip inside the bottom of the phone and wet the water damage sticker inside. I just remembered that the water damage sticker on the EVO is at the bottom but after I had applied the protector. So it was too late to do anything about it.

The best way to probably squeeze out the water is side ways. If you do it downwards water will get into the bottom of the phone. If you do it upwards, water will get into the speaker grill. So just a heads up. Now I'm SOL if I need any type of warranty on my phone. I've emailed Phantomskinz about this already. But they probably aren't gonna do anything about it and deem it user error. So be careful when applying screen protectors that require use of water.
    Last edited by aznmode; 07-09-2010 at 03:08 PM.

Thats what i was wondering (don't own an Evo yet).

I did a phantom skin on my Pre (love the skin btw) and it was tough keeping the water from vital spots.

Here is a tip though....go to Sprint store and explain to them your situation and show the phone working fine but seeing if they can note your account regarding it.

Same thing happened to me
    I just took the sticker off.

Cant prove water damage if theres no water damage sticker.

The one on the battery clearly isnt effected so I dont think youll have an issue
    HTC Evo Cyanogen CM6

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chaosrecords View Post
    Same thing happened to me
    I just took the sticker off.

Cant prove water damage if theres no water damage sticker.

The one on the battery clearly isnt effected so I dont think youll have an issue
    Crack strategy, but OK. Either way, same thing happened to me. Dubious/highly questionable sticker placement by HTC/Sprint.

IMO these screen protectors do more harm then good.

the EVO scratch test video by "Roman" conclusively proves you don't need them anyway.

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    IMO these screen protectors do more harm then good.

the EVO scratch test video by "Roman" conclusively proves you don't need them anyway.
    Conclusively how? That test is fine, but people come here complaining of scratched screens all the time. Fact is: glass scratches. $20 dollar protection is better than buying a whole new glass screen.

ROM
    CM7

I have always been a little leary about using the protectors that require you to use water to apply it.

Quote Originally Posted by kellte2 View Post
    Conclusively how? That test is fine, but people come here complaining of scratched screens all the time. Fact is: glass scratches. $20 dollar protection is better than buying a whole new glass screen.
    do you put plastic over your furniture too? do you have a bra on your car?

Some people do...will you tell them its not worth it?

Bottom line its worth it to people who like protecting investments...doesn't mean its every investment.

There are always the type that don't require any water like Amzer. I used to have a bra on my car back in the days when it was popular but I found it did more damage then good. You take it off and that part of the car was slight faded.

Same discussion found HERE
    [CENTER][URL="https://plus.google.com/u/0/+KPSmith/posts"]Follow me on Google +
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

I do hope there is another indicator inside. My charging port doesn't work 100% and was thinking about getting a replacement. I got the phone through telesales.

On another note, phantomskinz assumed I'm a dumb a$$ and didn't know how to install the screen protector. Anyhow I know they don't know any better so there's no point arguing with them since they can't really do anything about it.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by KSmithInNY View Post
    Same discussion found HERE
    Someone in that thread used bleach to un-dye the indicator haha. Still looks pink. Might be worth a shot.

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    do you put plastic over your furniture too? do you have a bra on your car?
    What happened to you defending your "conclusively proven" claim?