1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

Default fm transmitter for evo?

I'm looking for a fm transmitter do some1 know a good one?? thx

fm transmitters generally all suck. If its for your car and you have a cassette player get a cassette adapter.

Here's the one i'm using. Amazon.com: iriver AFT 100 Mobile FM Transmitter: Electronics
    As with all FM Transmitters, you need to change frequency constantly while driving around, and this one has 3 Presets which match my cars presets so it makes it easier.

The hiss of a cassette player adapter isn't really any better. And the fact that it requires moving parts that can wear out over time makes it worse in my view. Not all FM transmitters are cut from the same cloth. Some work pretty well. Not as good as a line in mind you, but good enough for most people. I have one of the FM Transmitters made by Monster and I have been happy with it. Unfortunately the one I have is made for my iPod and does not work for an EVO or other device though.

Quote Originally Posted by GadgetGator View Post
    The hiss of a cassette player adapter isn't really any better. And the fact that it requires moving parts that can wear out over time makes it worse in my view. Not all FM transmitters are cut from the same cloth. Some work pretty well. Not as good as a line in mind you, but good enough for most people. I have one of the FM Transmitters made by Monster and I have been happy with it. Unfortunately the one I have is made for my iPod and does not work for an EVO or other device though.
    I Disagree... Nothing is moving on cassette adapter(Except the deck) so wearing out is very unlikely. I also have no hiss on mine..

In my Town FM transmitters are impossible. Barely any FM available to use makes it impossible...

Default Re: fm transmitter for evo?

I use the Motorola T505 and it works greeat. I would definitely recommend it to anyone.
    Last edited by azkevman; 07-14-2010 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Corrected T500 to T505

Does your car stereo have to have bluetooth to be able to get your music through your sound system?

Quote Originally Posted by azkevman View Post
    I use the Motorola T500 and it works greeat. I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jrog28 View Post
    Does your car stereo have to have bluetooth to be able to get your music through your sound system?
    I have the Motorola T505. No your stereo does not have to have bluetooth. T505 has bluetooth and a FM transmitter and through that it will connect to your phone and feed your radio via FM.
    Qualcomm 1920, Samsung 5300, Palm 600, Palm 755p, Palm Pre, EVO

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AZwldcats View Post
    I Disagree... Nothing is moving on cassette adapter(Except the deck) so wearing out is very unlikely. I also have no hiss on mine..

In my Town FM transmitters are impossible. Barely any FM available to use makes it impossible...

Agree...I have the Phillips one from Walmart it was about 8 bucks. Works pretty Awesome for that cheap.

For my Zune I have the FM transmitter, and don't use it anymore.

Check if it's available at your store....90 reviews and a 4.5 out of 5 star. Thats what sold me on it, I was planning on ordering thru amazon and happy I decided on this one.
    Thanked by:

How is the audio quality?

Sent from my EVO!

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

The audio quality is as good as the source you are listening to. If your streaming a lower bitrate then it will sound low end....higher bitrate = better sound. Because it is an FM transmitter as your travel you will run into spots were the station you are using will be populated by a "real" local station so you will get static...the T505 can find other stations with less or no traffic

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    ROM
    Warm Z 2.2

Had a run of the mill Belkin from WalMart back in the day that had a manual dial, that was interesting. replaced it with it's digital counterpart, worked great. Personally would recommend them, but to each their own.

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mike929 View Post
    The audio quality is as good as the source you are listening to. If your streaming a lower bitrate then it will sound low end....higher bitrate = better sound. Because it is an FM transmitter as your travel you will run into spots were the station you are using will be populated by a "real" local station so you will get static...the T505 can find other stations with less or no traffic

While using a FM transmitter I always seemed to get static, it was never really clear as day, unless I was in the boonies.

The quality of the phillips cassette I posted is pretty darn good. For 8 bucks it's definitely worth the money.
    Banned

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts

I use the generic tape adapter that came with a XM radio that I bought years ago and the quality is great. I suggest cutting the "Media Volume" up on the EVO. That will greatly reduce, if not eliminate, any sort of added noise from the adapter.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dgp2003 View Post
    Agree...I have the Phillips one from Walmart it was about 8 bucks. Works pretty Awesome for that cheap.

For my Zune I have the FM transmitter, and don't use it anymore.

Check if it's available at your store....90 reviews and a 4.5 out of 5 star. Thats what sold me on it, I was planning on ordering thru amazon and happy I decided on this one.
    thx im going to buy that. my car have a cd player and cassette player..

Can you use it as a bluetooth speaker for playing movies away from the vehicle?
    Quote Originally Posted by mike929 View Post

Sent from my EVO!

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jrog28 View Post
    Can you use it as a bluetooth speaker for playing movies away from the vehicle?

Sent from my EVO!
    yes. As long as you have the connection it will output the sound. I often forget to turn Bluetooth off at home and when my phone rings and i answer the audio is in the car in the garage......haha

Quote Originally Posted by AZwldcats View Post

I disagree with your disagreement. I've had cassette players wear out in cars on me. That's the moving part I was speaking of....not the adapter itself whose moving parts are minor. And maybe other people's ears are less sensitive or the cars I have owned haven't had good cassette players, but I've definitely heard an underlying hiss while using various cassette adaptors. Course you can get that on FM transmitters too, but for me it has been less noticeable. And I just find tape adaptors to be a pain in the **** to use in general.

Thanks to those that have posted about the T-505. It has been one of the things I have been considering getting. Good to know it works with the EVO.

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    cyanogen_speedy-toastcfh

I use the Motorola T505 and it works greeat. I would definitely recommend it to anyone.
    +1

I have had mine for a long time got it when it first came out I use it all the time. With the punch through technology that Moto uses to gain FM access it is easier to find a clear station even in the DFW area where the FM dial is full.

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

I use a monster cable fm transmitter, works ok. I really need to get the aux cables installed though. Pain in the *** when driving interstate and the stations change up on you

T505 to me is the best mobile car kit out. would recommend to anyone. use it in the vehicle or take it with you for confrence calls. i use mine before my jawbone when im in my truck.

Hoping to find help with this issue.
    I have an Evo, and an FM transmitter. The FM transmitter yet not always clear sounding, worked until I upgraded to 2.2. Since then I have noticed that when I plug in my FM transmitter, that a icon shows up at the top of the phone that suggests that I have a full headset connected to the headphone jack. Usually, this icon would have been just a headset icon. But now it shows a mouth piece (full headset) type of icon.
    This creates the phone to pick up sounds from somewhere, don't know where, but make the phone/music player go nuts. I.E. the music player starts to fast foreward, skip to another song, and stop altogether. I have even seen the Google Voice command come up on the screen for a second. Is there a problem maybe with the FM transmitter, I don't think so, but maybe. It didn't do that before 2.2. upgrade.
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks

Global Posts
    217 Global Posts

Just so I'm clear, you use this mobile kit/speaker phone as an FM transmitter to listen to music on your EVO through your car's speakers (not through the T505 itself...)?
    Toy Phone -> BB Pearl -> Palm Pre -> Htc EVO -> White Epic Touch!

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by srfcrzy View Post
    Just so I'm clear, you use this mobile kit/speaker phone as an FM transmitter to listen to music on your EVO through your car's speakers (not through the T505 itself...)?
    Either way. The 505 or the car speakers. I ordered mine today ( Amazon ).
    Thanked by:

My car does nto have bluetooth nor does it have a headset port, so I will need a Universal FM transmitter for the EVO

Do all of the suggested ones on this list have a hiss during playback?

Is the hiss only with podcasts or is it also audible during music playback as well