Sprint HTC EVO 4G USB Desktop Cradle with Battery Slot

azkevman

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Came across this Desktop Charging Dock today. $26.99 w/ free shipping. Trying to decide if its worth it for the office. Anyone purchased one of these yet?

yhst-16284806809660_2115_2787798

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
It looks pretty cool, but I would think it would be a pain if you have a case or skin on the EVO as that dock doesn't look to have any extra room around the phone.

azkevman

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
It looks pretty cool, but I would think it would be a pain if you have a case or skin on the EVO as that dock doesn't look to have any extra room around the phone.

I think a skin would be OK, and possibly even a very thin case, such as the Case-Mate 'Barely There'...but not sure.

This pic from the back seems to show a better view of the clearance on each side of the phone.

yhst-16284806809660_2115_2922392

Runningwarrior08

May 23, 2010
Visit site
A few people have tried this, there was a post a while back about how he loved it and the battery was just as good as the stock. I bought the one that comes with 2 extra batteries and it was only 25 off ebay. Bought it last week so I won't have it till probably the middle of next week though. I hate getting shipments from Hong Kong, takes so long...

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
A few people have tried this, there was a post a while back about how he loved it and the battery was just as good as the stock. I bought the one that comes with 2 extra batteries and it was only 25 off ebay. Bought it last week so I won't have it till probably the middle of next week though. I hate getting shipments from Hong Kong, takes so long...

You've got your products mixed up. There's no extra battery.

azkevman

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site

As pwnst_r states, I believe you are referring to the Chinese battery & charger combo packs that are being sold on ebay. This is a desktop dock and charger, it charges/syncs the evo as well as an additional battery at the same time. However this unit does not come with any batteries...just the charging cradle. And it ships from CA and not China.

Runningwarrior08

May 23, 2010
Visit site
As pwnst_r states, I believe you are referring to the Chinese battery & charger combo packs that are being sold on ebay. This is a desktop dock and charger, it charges/syncs the evo as well as an additional battery at the same time. However this unit does not come with any batteries...just the charging cradle. And it ships from CA and not China.

I see what you are saying but I believe they are the same thing just being sold out of California without the spare battery. The pictures are the same stock pictures for the most part... Please correct me if I am wrong.

azkevman

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I see what you are saying but I believe they are the same thing just being sold out of California without the spare battery. The pictures are the same stock pictures for the most part... Please correct me if I am wrong.

Ahh, yes it does appear to be similar if not the same. I had not seen that one yet. My apologies. Please let us know how you like the version you purchased.

bluger

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Just to be clear, the link that starts this post does NOT come with an extra battery.
"This desktop cradle does not come with a battery. To purchase, please visit Sprint HTC EVO 4G Batteries" This is not to say that the cradle isn't worthwhile without the battery. It still looks like a solid piece of gear to me.
The ebay one might be worth getting then. Same price with extra battery. I didn't read the ebay one carefully, though. I'd make certain that it actually comes with the extra battery before assuming.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
So it amounts to $27 without a battery (free shipping) or $30 with a one battery ($25+$5 shipping). Since I already have the 2 battery + charger for $10 deal, I probably don't need the 4th battery.

I do look forward to hearing a report from someone who buys the cradle.

karlh

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I notice that in order to charge the phone and the spare battery, two wires will be coming out of the unit. (1) USB & (1) AC adapter. The phone will only charge when connected to a computer. The spare will only charge when plugged into a standard AC outlet.

rcollins001

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
On order

I have ordered it Hope it works OK I have a skin on my EVO so not sure about size

Received it yesterday works great charges the spare battery and syncs and charges the phone while on the stand
My cover does not work so I must take it off when on the charger. Not much of a problem. I think the price is fair
and if it continues to work I will be happy.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21